Middle

3 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Given that we're now being forced to enjoy being part of a multicultural global society.

Stu, just when you may be starting to be taken seriously again you have to come out with this.

Who is being forced to do anything in this respect.? Do you mean outlawing far right hate groups?

I, for my part, enjoy being part of a multicultural global society. It’s the way to go. Culture, food, art etc

Maybe you didn’t mean for it to sound as crass as it did but if you are standing for election you really have to be more careful with your language.

This was a dreadful faux pas and I hope to God you didn’t mean it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pongo said:

The very worst candidates (and in this case those most likely to win) say to people what they think they want to hear. It's utterly crass.

Howard Quayle was spot on about the poor quality of some of the candidates standing in Middle.

That's below the belt, even for you. More to the point it's completely untrue.

You can call me a gammon or a curmudgeon, old fashioned, politically naive - you can disagree with what I say and think as I usually disagree with you and the Usual Suspects on here.

But to accuse me of pandering to win votes is despicable, and beneath you. I've always been perfectly upfront about my beliefs (and been criticised for it) but I've never once played to the crowd to win approval. Of course you have me at a disadvantage - I've had a public job for over 20 years and haven't been afraid to put my name to my beliefs while you simply snipe and troll from behind a pseudonym.

If people on the doorstep have asked my opinions, I've told them even if I thought it might cost me their vote. If people vote for me on 23/9 it's because they agree with my perception of things, not because I'm blowing smoke. But at least I'm talking to real people and not sitting in an echo chamber.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

You can call me a gammon or a curmudgeon, old fashioned, politically naive - you can disagree with what I say and think as I usually disagree with you and the Usual Suspects on here.

But to accuse me of pandering to win votes is despicable, and beneath you.

9 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Maybe you didn’t mean for it to sound as crass as it did but if you are standing for election you really have to be more careful with your language.

This was a dreadful faux pas and I hope to God you didn’t mean it.

TVoR turns out he did.

On 8/20/2021 at 8:24 PM, Stu Peters said:

Sorry I don't conform to your liberal ideals by celebrating multiculturalism as an unqualified and unquestionable success. For the avoidance of doubt I'm all for inclusion and equality for all, but reserve the diminishing right to question some of the more extreme results of nu-think which have led to some unfortunate unintended consequences.

So, you don't like multiculturalism but but you're all for inclusion. That ranks among the most daft statements ever uttered by a candidate.

• Like 4

On 8/21/2021 at 12:38 AM, Stu Peters said:

haven't been afraid to put my name to my beliefs while you simply snipe and troll from behind a pseudonym.

That genuinely surprises me. I am normally good at spotting alt accounts by accent. I was fairly sure that there was one which you sometimes use for a pseudonymous grumble. It must be someone doing an impersonation.

FWIW I don't care what name anyone posts with. It's what they say that matters.

I have never trolled anyone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Fearandloathing site have done a brief piece about the requisition meetings in each constituency.

Middle

Wednesday 1 September - Marown Primary School

Monday 6 September - Braddan Primary School

Monday 13 September - Comis Hotel

Our take: Even if you don't live in Middle these will be the ones to attend. There doesn't seem to be a dictionary definition for a collection of whoppers [a whoop perhaps?] but if one existed it would apply to almost the full field in Hazzard County. Afterwards there will be a moonshine run where Stu Peters will attempt to jump his car over the River Dhoo with the police in hot pursuit while Super Hans plays Lynyrd Skynrds Freebird on the banjo. Hillbilly heaven.

I do think that if you were to do a This Country style mockumentary about a local election a fictionalised Middle would the one you'd choose. Although for dramatic effect you'd need the incumbent, probably a local squire type who doesn't realise everybody hates him, to run again. 

Edited by Declan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1