Middle

54 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

There doesn't seem to be a dictionary definition for a collection of whoppers [a whoop perhaps?] 

"....it's a whoop of Gorillas"

source: Not the Nine O'Clock News sketch 'Gerald the Gorilla'

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Our take: Even if you don't live in Middle these will be the ones to attend. There doesn't seem to be a dictionary definition for a collection of whoppers [a whoop perhaps?] but if one existed it would apply to almost the full field in Hazzard County. Afterwards there will be a moonshine run where Stu Peters will attempt to jump his car over the River Dhoo with the police in hot pursuit while Super Hans plays Lynyrd Skynrds Freebird on the banjo. Hillbilly heaven.

After the banjo and mooshine sesh at Mt Murray, the candidates should probably do a 'Who Dares Wins/Running Man' style canoe trip down the Crogga.  The two surviving candidates get in. 

It's the only way I'll be able to choose between them.  

Edited by The Phantom

3 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Fearandloathing site have done a brief piece about the requisition meetings in each constituency.

Middle

Wednesday 1 September - Marown Primary School

Monday 6 September - Braddan Primary School

Monday 13 September - Comis Hotel

Our take: Even if you don't live in Middle these will be the ones to attend. There doesn't seem to be a dictionary definition for a collection of whoppers [a whoop perhaps?] but if one existed it would apply to almost the full field in Hazzard County. Afterwards there will be a moonshine run where Stu Peters will attempt to jump his car over the River Dhoo with the police in hot pursuit while Super Hans plays Lynyrd Skynrds Freebird on the banjo. Hillbilly heaven.

Freebird on the banjo 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x0lxxdKGLw

• Like 1

Isnt Peters English? So which bits of multiculturalism does he object to?

All the bits that involve anyone other than the English? 

I have quite a few relatives who have moved around the world. I find objectors to multiculturalism quite often don't consider their own ilk moving away. Do you believe we should all stick to the country of our birth then?

2 hours ago, quilp said:

I think it was his turn off phrase ‘forced to enjoy’ that caused the opprobrium. 

I like multiculturalism. Growing up in the 70s/80s food was so bland. Nowadays there’s all sorts. Same with shops, local businesses etc. I’ve always worked in health, which since the start of the NHS has been a United Nations. We need more of the same now. Lets get some Afghan nurses and doctors over to boost our services here, while their partners open up other businesses to employ locals and pay taxes. 

What’s wrong with that?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I think it was his turn off phrase ‘forced to enjoy’ that caused the opprobrium. 

I like multiculturalism. Growing up in the 70s/80s food was so bland. Nowadays there’s all sorts. Same with shops, local businesses etc. I’ve always worked in health, which since the start of the NHS has been a United Nations. We need more of the same now. Lets get some Afghan nurses and doctors over to boost our services here, while their partners open up other businesses to employ locals and pay taxes. 

What’s wrong with that?

Kipppers, spuds,  bonnag and a drop of beer is all you need.

Mind you I would have any of that foreign stuff over the english muck.

54 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I like multiculturalism. Growing up in the 70s/80s food was so bland.

wrighty and his middle -class rose-tinted spectacles abound.

I spent time in a block of flats where there was loud (reggae) music blaring 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It was explained to me that the people are happy listening to loud music and all they are doing is sharing their happiness.

I tried to explain I am happy with peace and quiet and would like to share it with my neighbours. Ganja induced dilated pupils blankly stared back.

3 minutes ago, Barlow said:

wrighty and his middle -class rose-tinted spectacles abound.

I spent time in a block of flats where there was loud (reggae) music blaring 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It was explained to me that the people are happy listening to loud music and all they are doing is sharing their happiness.

I tried to explain I am happy with peace and quiet and would like to share it with my neighbours. Ganja induced dilated pupils blankly stared back.

Too right no loud music unless it is Toto, Queen, Pet Shop Boys, or Chris Rea. 

Edited by FatRoundMiddle
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, FatRoundMiddle said:

Too right no loud music unless it is Toto, Queen, Pet Shop Boys, or Chris Rea. 

Did you just insult Toto? You, me, car park, now! (And there’s nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Poor old Stu. It's a scary world. 

That may as be. But there may well be many people who think likewise. In a democracy and all that.

(You've not been in the Isle of Man too long have you)