Middle

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Anyone in middle had any manifestos yet as I haven’t?

You'll have mine soon. I decided to wait until I was at least an 'official' candidate on 25th August (closing day for nominations) before going to print and postage, and suspect that others felt the same.

• Thanks 1

If Keiran declares himself an environmentalist & opposes any further unnecessary development on the green fields of Middle then he should surely gain an amount of voter support?

I grew up there & I ******* well hate what Quayle & the Green Party's Jessopp have done to the rural environment

Edited by SleepyJoe
  • Like 2

On 8/25/2021 at 8:11 PM, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Amadeus has mentioned money several times if that was not his meaning then he should have been clearer.

In crisis that was wholly made by the UK and USA they should be made to sort out the refugee issue whatever the cost. You break it you pay.

In Manx terms I wholly support your previous sentiments. If the Island can help long term then it should but not with token gestures. 

Errrr I think you'll find that Iran and Pakistan had rather a lot to do with it.

Personally I think the IOM simply lacks the critical mass to make much difference here. For example how many islanders speak Pashto?

Non-starter really.

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

Errrr I think you'll find that Iran and Pakistan had rather a lot to do with it.

Personally I think the IOM simply lacks the critical mass to make much difference here. For example how many islanders speak Pashto?

Non-starter really.

Well we could take some English speaking refugees, there does seem to be a fair few particularly those who worked with the western forces 

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Well we could take some English speaking refugees, there does seem to be a fair few particularly those who worked with the western forces 

Would the whole family speak English?

Especially when you think deeply enough about the issue and realise that Iran and Pakistan want their victory over the Western Democracies to be so complete that they want the Taliban to take Afghanistan back to Stone Age ideals.

So any refugees will want the extended family out of Kabul to join them ASAFP. Creating an even bigger problem.

Nobody wins.

Still, if you have space in your gaff by all means sponsor some Afghani refugees! Be sure to report back how it went....

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

Would the whole family speak English?

Especially when you think deeply enough about the issue and realise that Iran and Pakistan want their victory over the Western Democracies to be so complete that they want the Taliban to take Afghanistan back to Stone Age ideals.

So any refugees will want the extended family out of Kabul to join them ASAFP. Creating an even bigger problem.

Nobody wins.

Still, if you have space in your gaff by all means sponsor some Afghani refugees! Be sure to report back how it went....

Typical racist remarks 

38 minutes ago, Banker said:

Typical racist remarks 

Typical shallow so-called thinking....

And I'm no racist. I even had an excellent curry last Friday pm.

Be sure to let us know when your new house-guests arrive and I'll applaud your efforts...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Typical shallow so-called thinking....

And I'm no racist. I even had an excellent curry last Friday pm.

Be sure to let us know when your new house-guests arrive and I'll applaud your efforts...

Typical white, elderly male comments, I had a curry so I’m no racist! FFS

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

For truth. Your comments are casually racist, Peter. Stop digging your hole.

Just teasing. I mean really, having a curry, I can't believe he bit on that!

Plus I abhor racism. Always have, always will. Especially after brexit.

But point taken.

• Like 2