Middle

13 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Port Soderick is just on the boundary I think.

Nope, it's in Middle.

Ramseyboi - you can't find it because I didn't say it. Story of my life.

What i did say was at the meeting I attended the CC didn't try to canvass our support for an increased budget, which had been alleged.

15 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

This is a Middle election for Middle people. You have no business looking at our Middle manifestos.

What an arrogant comment, so you’ll only be representing your constituents when elected and won’t discuss any greater issues that will affect the island as a whole then?

This is exactly why things need a shake up, the election process just isn’t fit for purpose, we need people to represent the island as a whole not just their little parcel of it.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Port Soderick is just on the boundary I think.

The Crogga River which starts near Mt Murray and exits at Pt Soderick is actually the boundary between Braddan and Santon.   

As it goes through Mt Murray, officially one half is Braddan (Fairways Drive) on the East side and the other half on the West side (Murrays Lake Drive) is Santon.

Braddan and Santon are both in Middle. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

FWIW I would define a Manx person as anyone who would fight and die for the IOM against any aggressor, even if that is the country of their birth.

I presume that should be "if that is not the country of their birth" but as Pongo states that is "Pretty Meaningless Bluster" as I expect in this day and age very few would "fight and die for the IoM against any aggressor". I quite like life so  I would be off somewhere else and leave the aggressor to have the IoM. I am not picking on the IoM as I think most of us these days would not be rushing to fight and die for any particular country. 

Fighting for "King & Country" is very much a reflection of attitudes from many decades ago and SP having been brought up with the the believes and attitudes of those time appears not to really have updated them as the rest of the world has moved on around him.   

22 minutes ago, pongo said:

In the unlikely event that Middle is ever threatened with invasion you will make a great Captain Mainwaring.

17 minutes ago, pongo said:

I'm picturing a map of middle with animated Nazi arrows heading towards it and the Dad's Army theme music starting up.

More accurately, if certain candidates are elected, it’ll be the animated Nazi arrows pointing out from Middle, being repelled by the rest of the Island as Dads Army.

3 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

My syntax was correct, my comment sincere. That you both chose to ridicule my post says more about you than me.

I would question your syntax as I read your post and apparently understood it in that I thought you were referring to the IoM rather than the aggressor when you referred to "even if that is the country of their birth"

Additionally just be because I or others disagree with your post just because we disagree does not mean that you are being ridiculed, although at times, deservedly in my view, you are.  To me the idea that his day and age people, in the modern western world, would declare or have the belief that they would "fight and die" for their country against any aggressor is a very old fashioned view and a very odd one to use to define a persons nationality.

As for your comments being sincere, so were mine but I am not sure what relevance that has. Len McClusky was sincere in his views as I expect Tommy Robinson is. That does not make many of their views and opinions any more palatable.