Middle

44 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

If I was able to vote in Middle I would give KH one of my votes. Why? He is obviously very keen and has been working on this quite some time which I believe shows conviction and not just being in it for the ride. But I also think it’s good to get some diversity in the Keys. The sharpness of his ideas can be rounded when he gets there. 

I’m in middle & waiting for manifestos from all except Lynch which was hopeless before deciding 

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

The guy literally seems to have no filter. You wouldn’t want to be living inside his head. I think this was the same guy who said that all people should have been electronically tagged during lockdown. He is clearly a right leaning lunatic. 

There's a member of this forum who used to be Horatio the Turd who was a fan of tagging all arrivals, bizarrely in the name of freedom. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

I have to say that from being a bit of a joke candidate when he first put himself forward (sorry Keeran) he is growing on me.

In honesty I don't think any of them with the exception of JPW would have a chance in any constituency other than Middle but with the incredibly poor list of options I think that second spot really could go one of three ways at the moment. 

No offense taken. The reason I started so early is to have time to get to know problems (beyond the ones that directly affect me), and to give people more opportunity to get to know me and for me to have half a chance of swaying negative opinion. 

• Like 1

The crazy thing is. After watching Sams videos. The only two who are talking like normal human beings are Stu and Kieran.

David Fowler comes across as if he’s secretly Howard Quayle’s best friend and occasionally slips in the tub with him to play hunt the submarine. Seems mostly clueless and lacking in a spine. Air of utter arrogance surrounds him.

Jane Wilson comes across incredibly full of herself and her accomplishments. She has the voice of a politician but also gives off the sense of untrustworthiness that goes along with it. When you listen to her she has the kind of voice that vaguely hints she might be interested in doing something to help you out but can’t really make any promises either way and you get the feeling she isn’t all that interested in what you have to say. The type of person that would use the word “legislation” as an excuse not to bring about any real change unless it inflated her own ego.

Alison Lynch seems a little more down to Earth but took every opportunity to slip in her own accomplishments and statements of how great she is. Rather than focusing solely on the issues being presented. She feels more approachable than Jane but still with the air of pomposity.

Then you have Stu and Kieran who just chatted away like normal human beings. It was kind of refreshing honestly to hear candidates communicating in a down to Earth manner. It is my dearest hope that Kieran wins and becomes the type of politician he wishes to see in government. I am not sure about Stu. Most of his comments and policies seem to boil down to “Those pesky lefties….and their dog too…”.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

I have to say that from being a bit of a joke candidate when he first put himself forward (sorry Keeran) he is growing on me.

In honesty I don't think any of them with the exception of JPW would have a chance in any constituency other than Middle but with the incredibly poor list of options I think that second spot really could go one of three ways at the moment. 

Also, I would say that Middle is likely one of the most difficult places for a candidate like me to be elected. 

Think about how many "progressive" MHKs middle has had. A challenge I welcome, as for the most part, the people I have spoken to are not Conservative at all. 

10 hours ago, Chie said:

The crazy thing is. After watching Sams videos. The only two who are talking like normal human beings are Stu and Kieran.

Then you have Stu and Kieran who just chatted away like normal human beings. It was kind of refreshing honestly to hear candidates communicating in a down to Earth manner. It is my dearest hope that Kieran wins and becomes the type of politician he wishes to see in government. I am not sure about Stu. Most of his comments and policies seem to boil down to “Those pesky lefties….and their dog too…”.

SP has worked as a radio presenter for numerous years. The one thing that SP should be able to do is speak to an audience and appear natural

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Banker said:

I’m in middle & waiting for manifestos from all except Lynch which was hopeless before deciding 

I will flick through the manifesto's but they tend to say much of the same thing. Laudable aims that in general most of us will agree with.  I tend to judge more on their back ground and what they have done and how they come across when questioned in meetings or by the press.