Middle

5 hours ago, Barlow said:

KF and JPW are poles apart, worlds apart, but if they are able to work together I think they would provide a formidable representation for Middle and as part of (dare I say it..) "Team Tynwald".

This is what I'm thinking. They are opposite ends of the spectrum and I agree with parts of both of their angles. If you could hybrid the two of them you'd have a really good middle candidate for middle. Luckily you get 2 votes!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

This is what I'm thinking. They are opposite ends of the spectrum and I agree with parts of both of their angles. If you could hybrid the two of them you'd have a really good middle candidate for middle. Luckily you get 2 votes!

I personally think JPW will landslide it. I believe she would make a great minister (justice/home affairs) 

• Like 2

I am curious what Stu Peters is going to do after this election if he looses. His position has already been filled at MR. Maybe he will start his own radio station with his own version of the popular lunchtime phone in but called "Vannin Line".

1 minute ago, Chie said:

I am curious what Stu Peters is going to do after this election if he looses. His position has already been filled at MR. Maybe he will start his own radio station with his own version of the popular lunchtime phone in but called "Vannin Line".

It'll be like GBeebies, but even shitter.

19 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It'll be like GBeebies, but even shitter.

I could imagine the schedule.

Such entertaining programs as...

Lefties and why climate change is destroying the lives of middle aged white males.

Why I am offended and what you can do about political erectile disfunction.

The Peters Hour - A discussion of sensibility, regressing progressive politics and why my toes itch when I hear the phrase "equality".

Edited by Chie

25 minutes ago, Chie said:

They always look after their own. Daft Stu and Dim Tim will always have a gig up the hill.

12 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Do you think you could forge a good working relationship with her K?

Almost certainly. We already get on quite well, having spent quite a bit of time together throughout running. We have had a few discussions and actually share alot of views and hopes. Alot of my peers who I hold in very high regard also speak well of her, both in character and morals. 

Obviously we are wildly different in a few areas, but that is exactly what is needed. 24 of me, would be nuts. 24 of JPW, we would likely move quite slowly. Together? I think we would work well...and I would expect that she would be willing, as would I, to put any ego aside and use one another's strengths to drive forward tangeable positive changes for out constituents and the wider island as a whole. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Keiran Hannifin said:

Almost certainly. We already get on quite well, having spent quite a bit of time together throughout running. We have had a few discussions and actually share alot of views and hopes. Alot of my peers who I hold in very high regard also speak well of her, both in character and morals. 

Obviously we are wildly different in a few areas, but that is exactly what is needed. 24 of me, would be nuts. 24 of JPW, we would likely move quite slowly. Together? I think we would work well...and I would expect that she would be willing, as would I, to put any ego aside and use one another's strengths to drive forward tangeable positive changes for out constituents and the wider island as a whole. 

The best things come when there is a definite tension between the main players. Think Waters/Gilmour or Blackmore/Gillan. Would Pink Floyd and Deep Purple have been so good if they’d been besties?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Keiran Hannifin said:

I personally think JPW will landslide it. I believe she would make a great minister (justice/home affairs) 

She is a Solicitor by Profession, not a Manx Advocate or even been a partner with an establishment firm. Being a Minister is a figurehead and if appointed she will tow the civil service line. It’s a pity that JPW principles aren’t stretched to standing down from her unelected seat. Perhaps she may care to donate the thousands earned since July to a charity. I doubt she would. 

Incidentally if she was made Home Affairs Minister then the Police, Prison and Judiciary will become even more Woke and politically correct. 

Also by JPWs own admission whilst she has 4 years as an MLC, she hasn’t experience as a MHK. I’m sorry but we are told that there is a difference between being an MLC and MHK - or perhaps they are same? One thing remains the same, the Gravy Trains depart from the same platform.

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2