Middle

1 hour ago, Declan said:

We're not going have much influence on Stu's vote because the reasons not to vote for him aren't hidden and he treats them as a virtue anyway. SO any discussion here is between people who have formed an opinion on him. 

The only way MF might have an influence on Stu is, it might prepare us for discussions elsewhere on-line or IRL. But even then I think people voted for or against Stu based on whether they buy into the "woke agenda" myth or not. 

That's rich from the person who posted on here that so-and-so "had developed a really good forum persona" (whatever the f*** that is...?) but can't relate that to a shock jock.

It's also worth remembering the BLM farrago where they deliberately set out to portray Stu as a racist based on zero evidence. Notwithstanding it ended up with no case to answer some of the mud clearly stuck as demonstrated on here. So I suspect he came across very well on the doorstep plus manifesto.

So everything to play for. I guess we'll find out...

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't. I even searched times I've used the word "persona" on here. 

https://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/search/&q=persona&author=Declan&search_and_or=or

Apart from asking you to explain what you mean in this post and in 2014 (when you didn't). I haven't used the word since 2009. 

You use it far more often, and more often than not in my direction. 

https://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/search/&q=persona&author=P.K.&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

I'm sorry but I don't remember whatever it is you are on about, it's context or whether it's an opinion I still hold. 

5 hours ago, Lost Login said:

I doubt Manx Forums have that much influence to change large numbers of votes, similarly all the election broadcasts etc. A huge number seem to vote largely on the basis of it is a person or name they know. For this reason MHK's numbers appear to go up if they have been elected in a bi-election and are generally pretty safe the second time they go up unless they have mucked up locally or have been very poor as ministers.

It is for this reason in the past we have seen loads of postmen etc elected. They are somebody voters know. I expect that KLB and JPW were good candidates but I expect many voted for them simply because they ere MLC's. Peters and Glover I expect that they had a huge boost simply from being known due to Manx Radio. Tim Glover topped the polls I believe by a long way.

Being a known name/face and knocking on doors I still believe is the main way to gather votes. The debates, post on forums will have an effect but I expect that it is only those with a strong interest may be influenced by those. In the case of Middle having said that I doubt if debates etc made much difference if they did I expect it was that Lynch came across poorly and KH did well. It is possible that based on those a fair few switched from Lynch to KH. Whether that was enough to change the vote then that is speculation. 

Social media full stop has zero impact on an actual election result.

90 percent plus of votes are cast by people who have never been to or read about a public meeting.  They have never been on any of the political local groups.  They don’t follow the vocal few on Twitter who are same same view that go to all the meetings and post on fb etc.

Most people just vote for a name they recognise or some friend or family member has told them to vote for.

Hundreds voted for Josem ffs, and most people of you all them have no idea why anyone wouldn’t.

14 minutes ago, Declan said:

Honestly, I don't. I even searched times I've used the word "persona" on here. 

https://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/search/&q=persona&author=Declan&search_and_or=or

Apart from asking you to explain what you mean in this post and in 2014 (when you didn't). I haven't used the word since 2009. 

You use it far more often, and more often than not in my direction. 

https://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/search/&q=persona&author=P.K.&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

I'm sorry but I don't remember whatever it is you are on about, it's context or whether it's an opinion I still hold. 

It's something you posted probably several forums before. You meant it as well.

• Haha 1

Just now, P.K. said:

It's something you posted probably several forums before. You meant it as well.

That’s a slightly freaky thing to remember tbh!  You must be talking twenty years ago?

I can’t remember what I posted last week because my head is refilling each day with actual useful and nourishing thoughts and memories.

39 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Given P.K.'s recollection of the Manx Radio fiasco I'm not sure I put much stock in his recollection of Declan's forum posts.

I've still got the recording somewhere if you want to refresh your memory. Personally I think you need to...

Sometimes I think it's important to keep proper records. Only the other day I checked BBC iplayer for Bozo appearing on the Marr show. I downloaded it because Marr took Bozo to task over his manifest failings in "managing" the pandemic. In reply to Marr telling him that his "Eat Out To Help Out (esp tory donor Tim Martin)" policy had helped to spread the virus Bozo replied how he took full responsibility for that. He said it twice. If you look closely you will see he was smirking at the time.....

It will only be on iplayer for about another week.

• Like 1