Middle

4 hours ago, P.K. said:

It's also worth remembering the BLM farrago where they deliberately set out to portray Stu as a racist based on zero evidence. Notwithstanding it ended up with no case to answer some of the mud clearly stuck as demonstrated on here. So I suspect he came across very well on the doorstep plus manifesto.

Was then when he as a middle aged white male tried to compare his privilege to that of a POC as being equal?.

Idk if I would shout racism per say there but it is definitely ignorance.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

It's what you posted. See my earlier.

I remembered it as I thought a "forum persona" was complete and utter twaddle and still do....

I don't know what you mean by forum persona - do you mean like sock puppets? And what did I say about them?

22 minutes ago, code99 said:

Gutted for Keiran Hannifin. 

Keiran certainly put in the hard yards, committed early, was all over social media 24x7, and poured his heart and soul into it from day one. Never for a billisecond, though, did I think he'd actually get elected.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

Keiran certainly put in the hard yards, committed early, was all over social media 24x7, and poured his heart and soul into it from day one. Never for a billisecond, though, did I think he'd actually get elected.

I guess that is Middle for you...

Edited by code99

43 minutes ago, Chie said:

Was then when he as a middle aged white male tried to compare his privilege to that of a POC as being equal?.

Idk if I would shout racism per say there but it is definitely ignorance.

Calling someone ignorant is insulting.

You can't escape the fact that they tried to up the profile of their cause by entrapment.

Unfortunately, as there is no such thing as bad publicity, they were successful in this. I personally support the BLM movement but absolutely do not support the individuals involved because their actions showed they definitely don't deserve it.

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

That’s really really concerning someone would do that.

PK doesn’t record posts.  PK doesn’t like it when people record posts.

I am the only person who records people’s posts.

Look, I recorded this one of PK saying so 17 years ago.

Edited by Mr. Sausages
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, code99 said:

Gutted for Keiran Hannifin. Going forward, I am expecting Stu Peters to engage in a bit of theatrical politics in the HoKs, but to have very little impact on government policies (hopefully).   

I expect SP to do very little except turn up as required to sittings, make the odd bit of noise and bank the cheques. He never game me any indication when he hosted Mannin Line etc that he had any real interest in Manx politics etc so standing for an MHK always looked like to me as him shooting at getting a nice payday now he is eithe past or very close to pensionable age. Hopefully I will be proved wrong and he will show himself to be a "political animal"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

He possibly helped SP be elected as I know a fair few who said they were initially going to vote for AL switch to KH as one appeared to have an idea about what he thought and the other simply read from notes.

Once SP announced he would stand I thought it would be between him and AL with AL picking up the Marown votes but struggling elsewhere. It is why Bill Shimmins topped the poll last time as he did well away from the Marown area as HQ and Paul Craine were, I think seen, as heavily linked to that one part of Middle