Middle

I really don’t think that post and his subsequent replies to it have done him any good whatsoever.

He comes across as someone who thinks a bit of support on Facebook and to his face means the whole island wishes he had got in.  We really don’t.

Looking to use an MLC position as a “bit of experience”.  Ffs.  Anyone goin  in there is meant to be taking a shed load of relevant experience with them, especially if only for 18 months.

And why does he keep banging on about nomination forms? I take it he knows he can’t nominate himself even if he wanted to?

1 minute ago, Declan said:

There needs to be a point when you need to make a decision. I suggest that's finding out what the options and facts are rather than acting off instinct, that's not the same as delegating the decision to an ad hoc committee on facebook. 

It’s not his decision to make.  He can agree to be put forward if someone want to nominate him, but he has no say on if he gets a nomination, seconder and two assentors or not. 

Hey Keeran if you are reading this.

I travel all over the island every day and as far as I can see you are the only candidate who hasn’t fulfilled the legal requirement to have removed all signage by now.

Would have thought someone with such green credentials would be amongst the first to clear up after themselves.

I got an absolute pasting from a cold. I've been laid out all weekend and am off to remove my posters this eve :) I'm fairly sure, it has to be within 1 week of the election... And I doubt it will damage the planet them being there for a few days. 

As for the MLC thread, I have no intention of running. 

I received multiple messages, including from MHKs suggesting the idea. I wanted to weigh up the options. Having 18 months legaslative experience, would do no harm in the future and that was literally my only thinking for being at all pro the idea. 

My comments in regard to democratic defecit, was merely to point out that 22 MHKS were elected last week that you could not vote against. However, they do have alot of scope for ruining your lives. This is not a new thought, as it was in my manifesto. 

3 minutes ago, Keiran Hannifin said:

I got an absolute pasting from a cold. I've been laid out all weekend and am off to remove my posters this eve :) I'm fairly sure, it has to be within 1 week of the election... And I doubt it will damage the planet them being there for a few days. 

As for the MLC thread, I have no intention of running. 

I received multiple messages, including from MHKs suggesting the idea. I wanted to weigh up the options. Having 18 months legaslative experience, would do no harm in the future and that was literally my only thinking for being at all pro the idea. 

My comments in regard to democratic defecit, was merely to point out that 22 MHKS were elected last week that you could not vote against. However, they do have alot of scope for ruining your lives. This is not a new thought, as it was in my manifesto. 

Two days to remove banners and posters.

I have no interest in the process other than as a voter and even I knew that.  It’s very publicly available info.

Maybe take the fact that you couldn’t interpret that very basic  bit of info that you shouldn’t have been all over having run one of the longest campaigns I ever remember, as an indicator of your suitability to “scrutinise” legislation that you wouldn’t previously be expected to really know much about.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but an MLC should be someone with extensive business and ideally legal experience in my opinion.

And again, you can’t decide to run for MLC yourself so comments on that thread about not making any decisions for a couple of days are moot unless a sitting MHK has knocked on your door and begged you to let them publicly commit to you and out you forward.

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Two days to remove banners and posters.

I have no interest in the process other than as a voter and even I knew that.  It’s very publicly available info.

Maybe take the fact that you couldn’t interpret that very basic  bit of info that you shouldn’t have been all over having run one of the longest campaigns I ever remember, as an indicator of your suitability to “scrutinise” legislation that you wouldn’t previously be expected to really know much about.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but an MLC should be someone with extensive business and ideally legal experience in my opinion.

And again, you can’t decide to run for MLC yourself so comments on that thread about not making any decisions for a couple of days are moot unless a sitting MHK has knocked on your door and begged you to let them publicly commit to you and out you forward.

Well, I'm off to do it.. Fear not haha. I literally have been hacking my lungs up for days and not fit for much else. 

Again. No intention of running and it was suggested (also by an MHK) 

Having to have a perfect memory is not a part of the deal and I'm sat here riffing on manx forums, not scrutinising legislation. 

And as an aside... 

I have ZERO shame in being a cleaner. I get paid a living wage (I might feel different if minimum wage) to take the stress of of families who need it. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Keiran Hannifin said:

According to the guidance:

Bills, placards and posters that are not displayed on private land must be removed within 2 days of the date of the election.

In all other respects the election materials must be removed, along with any fixings, promptly after the election and not later than two weeks after the close of the poll.

So it depends where they are.  Though I doubt whether people will worry about a couple of days, it's when they're stuck up for weeks people get annoyed.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Bills, placards and posters that are not displayed on private land must be removed within 2 days of the date of the election.

In all other respects the election materials must be removed, along with any fixings, promptly after the election and not later than two weeks after the close of the poll.

So it depends where they are.  Though I doubt whether people will worry about a couple of days, it's when they're stuck up for weeks people get annoyed.

They are not on private land.

My point was for someone considering an MLC position to say “I’m fairly sure it has to be within one week of the election” is pretty scary about something so simple.

In my opinion, others might well disagree but it hardly shows attention to detail?

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They are not on private land.

My point was for someone considering an MLC position to say “I’m fairly sure it has to be within one week of the election” is pretty scary about something so simple.

In my opinion, others might well disagree but it hardly shows attention to detail?