Middle

It is "Keiran" 

My Facebook kept getting thrown in jail, including historical posts from about 10 years ago rendering it unusable. Too many crazy left wing memes and "epstein didnt kill himself" bits. 😂 I decided to set up a new one and just used keeran. 

I know it's not quite as edgy as "Ramseyboi" but, I admin a lot (ha!) of pages etc. And it's a nightmare. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2021 at 12:09 PM, P.K. said:

@Chie

In this case I happen to know that the shoe does not fit at all.

Put it this way, your claiming someone is ignorant has no basis in truth.

The actual truth is that your BLM mates tried to portray Mr Peters as a racist for their own ends without the slightest regard for the hurt and damage it could, and has, caused to his reputation.

Now THAT'S what I call ignorant.

And by the way I have fought against prejudice, misinformation and brutal ignorance and at times it got very nasty. I'm sure I did a lot more rather than try to trash some innocent's standing and then follow it up with a little walk ending in some pointless symbolism.

Well. It does fit. I wasn’t referring to the issue with BLM just answering your point on the extreme actions. There are a variety of other topics that he has no true understanding of beyond whatever tired trope the right are throwing out that day. You never hear him actually trying to engage with anybody from these communities he speaks out against or try to actually get to know these communities in any significant way. No, it’s just opinions based on YouTube videos and the hyped image of the evil left portrayed by pathetic rag papers like the Daily Mail. I have listened to numerous shows of his and have yet to hear any opinion that is based on a full set of facts.

As for the BLM thing. I don’t think he was racist that day more…ignorant. He compared his own privilege to that of a POC with no understanding of how the world is easier in some regards for him due to the colour of his skin. I wouldn’t call it racism but ignorance is a good word.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chie said:

Well. It does fit. I wasn’t referring to the issue with BLM just answering your point on the extreme actions. There are a variety of other topics that he has no true understanding of beyond whatever tired trope the right are throwing out that day. You never hear him actually trying to engage with anybody from these communities he speaks out against or try to actually get to know these communities in any significant way. No, it’s just opinions based on YouTube videos and the hyped image of the evil left portrayed by pathetic rag papers like the Daily Mail. I have listened to numerous shows of his and have yet to hear any opinion that is based on a full set of facts.

As for the BLM thing. I don’t think he was racist that day more…ignorant. He compared his own privilege to that of a POC with no understanding of how the world is easier in some regards for him due to the colour of his skin. I wouldn’t call it racism but ignorance is a good word.

Just for starters, how does a radio host know what colour the caller is?

10 hours ago, Chie said:

In the broadcast he misrepresented what "white privilege" is. Either that was accidental because he genuinely did not know, i.e. ignorance on the matter, or it was deliberate in which case you start looking for the motive and the most obvious is racial prejudice.

If it was the former the most obvious thing to have done was to check after the broadcast was check on what "white privilege" is and having checked to simply put his hands up and say "Sorry, I got it wrong". He did not. Rather he complained about being the victim of free speech, the right to his opinion, not needing to be educated etc.    

I think this is a good article on what "white privilege" is https://www.barnardos.org.uk/blog/white-privilege-guide-for-parents

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Please answer the question.

Thanks.

Technically I did. But I will expand. Whether they are a POC or not is irrelevant. The statement in question was not aimed at the callers ethnicity but instead at the concept of privilege. In which he tried to compare his privilege to that of a POC. In this situation he doesn’t need to know their ethnicity.

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

But isn't the term 'white privilege' inherently racist?

Really? This again?

"White privilege" isn't any more inherently racist than "Black History Month". If you still can't understand this then you probably shouldn't have been elected, but it's too late now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

But isn't the term 'white privilege' inherently racist?

No.

Recognising that people have different experiences of racism due to their race isn't racist.

I'm not mad on the term because I see being able to live your life without encountering obstacles and racism isn't a privilege it's a right.  It also seems to trigger some people's insecurities and I worry the backlash generated might be counter productive. *

However, having a term for the context, and sharing of experiences the debate has generated, has been helpful in letting me understand a bit of the challenges young non-white people face.

And should people who've not experienced racism dictate how it is discussed?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Declan said:

No.

Recognising that people have different experiences of racism due to their race isn't racist.

I'm not mad on the term because I see being able to live your life without encountering obstacles and racism isn't a privilege it's a right.  It also seems to trigger some people's insecurities and I worry the backlash generated might be counter productive. *

However, having a term for the context, and sharing of experiences the debate has generated, has been helpful in letting me understand a bit of the challenges young non-white people face.

And should people who've not experienced racism dictate how it is discussed?

Well El Rucio et al in your opinion the term "White Privilege" is not racist however the definition of a racist is:

"Prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group".

Thinking back to the now infamous phone-in to Mr Peters there is not the slightest doubt in my mind that the callers were guilty of racism as per the above definition.

Wouldn't you agree?

No. I don't.

I don't think they rang Stu's show because he was white. They rang a radio phone-in show to discuss racism prompted by something the presenter posted on-line. Are black people not allowed to ring phone-in shows and talk about racism if the presenter is white? Was the show not for black people? What transpired was because Stu didn't like his belief systems being challenged and lost it. Calling the callers racist is victim blaming in the extreme. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Declan said:

No. I don't.

I don't think they rang Stu's show because he was white. They rang a radio phone-in show to discuss racism prompted by something the presenter posted on-line. Are black people not allowed to ring phone-in shows and talk about racism if the presenter is white? Was the show not for black people? What transpired was because Stu didn't like his belief systems being challenged and lost it. Calling the callers racist is victim blaming in the extreme. 

So now you can explain why the first caller was reading from a script?