Onchan

Interestingly there hasn’t been an appeal to the work permit appeal tribunal for 20 months. Normally 3 or 4 a year since the most recent legislative changes.

3 possibilities;

No one is dissatisfied.

Work permits being given to all applicants.

No one is applying for jobs who would need a permit.

32 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Thanks Victoria. Nobody believes you.

Christ man get over yourself I am Manx born Manx parents. I’m not this Victoria bird. Message her and see if she is on here as I’m fed up with this! my mate told me this was where to find information out and have discussions not to be constantly told I’m some bird who I’ve never met! 

18 hours ago, ScatCry said:

Work permits over here currently are rife with lots issues I don’t see a problem we already have people from all over the world here working so removing work permits isn’t really an issue I see it more of an opportunity and for the Manx people to pull their fingers out and get a job instead of relying on the system like many do it would open up many opportunities in many areas bring money to our island 

Don’t talk shite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People in Onchan want to know why they can't vote for a Onchan MHK, ask Peter Karran.

This is in his 2011 manifestoe, I bet if people in Lakeside knew what he wanted, they might not have been so quick to vote for him.

Improve democratic representation
Redraw constituencies for the House of Keys to
provide equal representation for all voters

Liberal Vannin the party that splits communities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I don’t need to get over anything. I suggest that probably you do though and accept that it’s a free world and that if some people think Willers is a genuinely terrible candidate it’s their right to say so. Disagreeing with that view seems to be all you have posted on this Forum about so far Victoria. 

I’ve not said I think he is a good candidate so don’t put words into my mouth I like some of his ideas! Wtf ever I know I’m not that chick so continue calling me it.

• Haha 1

No I don’t comment on everything. Seriously what is your issue it’s a free world to read and comment on what you like. Stop being a child. Shall I attach my ID and give you a synopsises of myself will that fix your deluded idea that I’m this Willers blokes daughter! Go plant some flowers and stop being a child 

Edited by ScatCry

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

People in Onchan want to know why they can't vote for a Onchan MHK, ask Peter Karran.

This is in his 2011 manifestoe, I bet if people in Lakeside knew what he wanted, they might not have been so quick to vote for him.

Improve democratic representation
Redraw constituencies for the House of Keys to
provide equal representation for all voters

Liberal Vannin the party that splits communities.

To be fair to 2011 Peter Karran, he's not saying that constituencies should have the same number of MHKs, but that there should be equal representation, so a seat with 3 MHKs would have three times as many voters.  By 2011 it had got to the state where Peel had 83% more voters than Glenfaba, despite them both having one MHK.

4 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I don’t have any issue at all. It seems to be you who is getting totally bent out of shape when a certain person is discussed in an unfavorable light. You probably want to look around and see what other posters are saying about a whole host of other people. Here isn’t generally the place you come to in order to read favorable comments about anyone. 

Oh I don't know.

Although on reflection...

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 10:22 PM, Roger Mexico said:

To be fair to 2011 Peter Karran, he's not saying that constituencies should have the same number of MHKs, but that there should be equal representation, so a seat with 3 MHKs would have three times as many voters.  By 2011 it had got to the state where Peel had 83% more voters than Glenfaba, despite them both having one MHK.

Peter Karran not saying, well there's a first.

Unfortunately "Redraw constituencies for the House of Keys to provide equal representation for all voters" happened and part of Onchan was placed into Garff. One must be careful for what one wishes and who it upsets. No wonder Mr Willers didn't stand in Garff.

Edited by Holte End
bad gr

10 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Peter Karran not saying, well there's a first.

Unfornately "Redraw constituencies for the House of Keys to provide equal representation for all voters" happened and part of Onchan was placed into Garff. One must be careful for what one wishes and who it upsets. No wonder Mr Willers didn't stand in Garff.

Does it matter though that they are in Garff and not Onchan?.

For local dog shit problems they contact the commissioners and for more national problems their MHK.

It seems a non issue to me.

Edited by ellanvannin2010

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Does it matter though that they are in Garff and not Onchan?.

For local dog shit problems they contact the commissioners and for more national problems their MHK.

It seems a non issue to me.

Depends on who you talk to. 

I know someone very vocal on the so called non issue. 

He says if he is a Garff constituent, he should pay Garff rates,

which I believe are lower than Onchans.

• Like 1