Onchan

41 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

I think it's more usual to pay a minor celebrity to send someone else a message. 

Did he admit to commissioning the message himself then?

I’m not saying it’s not an odd thing to do. He has admitted ordering it himself

52C0914C-9B0E-4E3E-B5B6-5E692151D134.thumb.png.c4d5d01a98acd3d37b0c664e994dafec.png

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Yes, but did he admit this right when he posted the video, or only after someone pulled him on it? That makes a huge difference. 

The confirmation came later. But wasn't it obviously paid for? It was to me.

• Like 1

I don't think it was clear to everyone who looked at it. Not everyone knows what cameo is and the wording - if intended to be humorous - didn't make it clear enough that he paid for this and that it's not an endorsement. There's a fine line here between a clever way to get some campaign coverage and a piss poor attempt at trying to hoodwink voters. 

image.png

It was obvious to me. I get that it wasn’t to everyone. But is that the same as deliberate hoodwinking?

Plenty of people viewing would know that it was a paid message and point it out. 

The whole thing was a stupid idea, I think not pointing out it’s a paid message is just a further layer of stupidity. 

Edited by Declan

1 hour ago, Declan said:

It was obvious to me. I get that it wasn’t to everyone. But is that the same as deliberate hoodwinking?

Plenty of people viewing would know that it was a paid message and point it out. 

The whole thing was a stupid idea, I think not pointing out it’s a paid message is just a further layer of stupidity. 

Should boost his social media score on that stupid twentyfourkeys site though !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Declan said:

Never underestimate the level of stupidity that walks amongst us!

Awwwwwwwwww Poor Julie - who is complaining on IOMNP Facebook about someone taking down her election banner, affixed to a wall on Strathallan Crescent in Onchan, She whinges it’s got my telephone number and home address on it. She publicly disclosed this so it isn’t private information. I always thought you needed to seek permission from your local village pump commissioners? You can’t put banners up on the TT course as the Starship Enterprise and the TT sponsors are allowed to advertise.  

Perhaps the homeowner of the wall on the property wasn’t consulted or official permissions sought and granted? Sounds like a job for the Chief Cuntstable to solve!

17 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Awwwwwwwwww Poor Julie - who is complaining on IOMNP Facebook about someone taking down her election banner, affixed to a wall on Strathallan Crescent in Onchan, She whinges it’s got my telephone number and home address on it. She publicly disclosed this so it isn’t private information. I always thought you needed to seek permission from your local village pump commissioners? You can’t put banners up on the TT course as the Starship Enterprise and the TT sponsors are allowed to advertise.  

Perhaps the homeowner of the wall on the property wasn’t consulted or official permissions sought and granted? Sounds like a job for the Chief Cuntstable to solve!

God! Get a grip!

Shes not whining. She’s pointing out the number and address so whoever has it can make contact and return.

You don’t need permission for election posters and banners from the commissioners or owners of utility poles, as long as you remove promptly.

You do need permission of the owners of land or structures however.

• Thanks 1

The scene of the crime is near here so had a look. Seems like it was cut and not just ripped by some drunk on the way home last night. It’s all hotting up in On Chan I tell ya. 

65AE84AE-BCFC-44DF-9B00-94B8601ED4E2.jpeg

A0CE653D-5EC5-4451-93C4-240A034E786A.jpeg