Onchan

The police have put an appeal on Facebook regarding the theft of Julie Edges election banner from Strathallan area in Onchan. 

It’s funny if your a wannabe MHK or are defending your seat that the police will put out appeals. Could they be bothered with other citizens? I doubt it. Let’s face it, an OAP died due to stress brought on as a result of youth anti social behaviour in Onchan. Perhaps if Julie Edge and Rob Callister spent as much time trying to solve youth anti social behaviour as they do both defending their seats, and if something got stolen or vandalised - soak it up, as worst crimes are being committed in Onchan. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The police have put an appeal on Facebook regarding the theft of Julie Edges election banner from Strathallan area in Onchan. 

It’s funny if your a wannabe MHK or are defending your seat that the police will put out appeals. Could they be bothered with other citizens? I doubt it. Let’s face it, an OAP died due to stress brought on as a result of youth anti social behaviour in Onchan. Perhaps if Julie Edge and Rob Callister spent as much time trying to solve youth anti social behaviour as they do both defending their seats, and if something got stolen or vandalised - soak it up, as worst crimes are being committed in Onchan. 

I hate to say this again to you, but I attended the second Public meeting organized by Ms Edge over the anti social  behaviour in Onchan - shame you clearly wernt there but want to shout about whats wrong on here, you would have known whats gone on and how David Quirk made a complete prat of himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

I hate to say this again to you, but I attended the second Public meeting organized by Ms Edge over the anti social  behaviour in Onchan - shame you clearly wernt there but want to shout about whats wrong on here, you would have known whats gone on and how David Quirk made a complete prat of himself.

What was the outcome of the meeting?

2 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:
21 hours ago, Holte End said:

David Quirk made a complete prat of himself.

Story of his life but people keep voting for him.

But not usually in great numbers.  He stood in four general elections unsuccessfully before getting elected in the fifth (and then only a a distant third).  And he only scraped in in 2011 just ahead of Earnshaw.  He lost to a new candidate (Edge) in 2016.  People don't think that much of him, it's just that sometimes the alternatives are even worse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/26/2021 at 1:56 AM, buncha wankas said:

Onchan voters have learnt not to mistake Lib Van for a Peter k replacement 

this bully boy numpty has zero chance, in fact he has probably secured Edge and ridiculous Rob vote back in 

They're so desperate to get this guy in they are dragging Peter Karran round with him as well. 

Wasn't Karran the person who raised the whole sordid Mount Murray affair in Tynwald in the first place? It seems a very odd choice.

img_1_1630436513581.jpg

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

They're so desperate to get this guy in they are dragging Peter Karran round with him as well. 

Wasn't Karran the person who raised the whole sordid Mount Murray affair in Tynwald in the first place? It seems a very odd choice.

img_1_1630436513581.jpg

Lib Van are desperate for some reason to take the heat of Josem, strange that when gas turned up on Josem on social media. 
Lib Van roll out the joker, worked a treat as Josem is being left alone to canvas with no questions. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure their thinking is that advanced or strategic. They just take any candidate they can get, in hope of having more influence in Tynwald - and in this case it worked to briefly distract everyone from the Tesco Value candidate. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I’m not sure their thinking is that advanced or strategic. They just take any candidate they can get, in hope of having more influence in Tynwald - and in this case it worked to briefly distract everyone from the Tesco Value candidate. 

That's a bit unfair - on Tesco Value (or whatever they've re-re-branded it recently).  But they certainly seem desperate for candidates and perhaps determined to have someone stand against Edge, against whom Hooper seems to have a vendetta.   The party seems to have collapsed (they had 10 candidates standing in 2011) and it's interesting there are no women candidates, unlike previously.

But Willers is a pretty odd candidate to choose, not least because the Gubay Estate is clearly trying to force him into bankruptcy, which would mean he couldn't be an MHK anyway.  I suppose they could claim that he has repented his old ways when he was Gubay's henchman, but they seem to have fallen out over division of the spoils if anything. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's a bit unfair - on Tesco Value (or whatever they've re-re-branded it recently).  But they certainly seem desperate for candidates and perhaps determined to have someone stand against Edge, against whom Hooper seems to have a vendetta.   The party seems to have collapsed (they had 10 candidates standing in 2011) and it's interesting there are no women candidates, unlike previously.

But Willers is a pretty odd candidate to choose, not least because the Gubay Estate is clearly trying to force him into bankruptcy, which would mean he couldn't be an MHK anyway.  I suppose they could claim that he has repented his old ways when he was Gubay's henchman, but they seem to have fallen out over division of the spoils if anything. 

You’re right about Hoopers vendetta against Edge, part of it is the LV issue & part is he is another misogynistic member like Quayle 

• Like 1