Andy Fenton again

Kipper99

8 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

I love how he goes on about having a thriving business, paid for his own home, and home-schooled his excelling son.

Leaving out his benefit fraud, intimidation, assault, prohibition breaches etc etc

He's a fucking tit.

Sadly he isn’t the only one, there are loads of them on the IOM ……. Where it seems you can……

8 hours ago, Manxman1234 said:

I feel sorry for him, as obviously has somE mental health issues, although i still strongly agree he has an unnatural obsession with kids 

Then something needs to be done, if necessary. Perhaps a hospital order? 

43 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Anyway, I was also taught at school that Britain broke away from Africa. We even cut up the continents and put them back together again to show where they all fitted.

yes,  but nothing 'floated' like a boat does, it could also be said that africa broke away from britain.

Edited by WTF

12 minutes ago, WTF said:

yes,  but nothing 'floated' like a boat does, it could also be said that africa broke away from britain.

There was once a single land mass from which the world as we know it originated, Pangea (?).  There is an animation at the Manx Museum showing the continental drift (if that the right term?). 

No, nothing floated like a boat, but it is more easily described in those terms to kids, perhaps? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WTF said:

I think he's confusing "floating" with "drifting" as in continental drift. At one point he said that the theory is the Isle of Man broke off and floated to between GB and Ireland and the stopped. Not realising it's still going on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gladys said:

There was once a single land mass from which the world as we know it originated, Pangea (?).  There is an animation at the Manx Museum showing the continental drift (if that the right term?). 

No, nothing floated like a boat, but it is more easily described in those terms to kids, perhaps? 

The word was (could have been) part of a bigger something else that exploded. Over time gravitational force, aided by other stuff, is sorting it to make it round-ish. 

This of course would make the world originally erm, flat.

29 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Which I suppose is what the bible is all about. Long before the masses could read and all that. So a way of  describing to them what it's all about, to settle their inquisitive minds. By who? Who knows...

It's just odd how some take the bible as being literal, and others dismissing the bible in its entirety.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Declan said:

I think he's confusing "floating" with "drifting" as in continental drift. At one point he said that the theory is the Isle of Man broke off and floated to between GB and Ireland and the stopped. Not realising it's still going on.

I'd also like to point out that the likelihood of a pupil recounting, verbatim, one of the lessons of the day, to a parent is probably zero.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I'd also like to point out that the likelihood of a pupil recounting, verbatim, one of the lessons of the day, to a parent is probably zero.

How true!  If I ever asked my two how school was that day, a grumpy grunt would be the response.  It was almost like I had crossed the line into their world, how very dare I! (Unless there was an issue, of course, and then I would be expected to be right on top of all the aspects and nuances immediately and without explanation.) 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Barlow said:

The word was (could have been) part of a bigger something else that exploded. Over time gravitational force, aided by other stuff, is sorting it to make it round-ish. 

This of course would make the world originally erm, flat

Yoiks!   A flat earther! 😉

Surely the earth is round due to a combination of: accretion of planetary debris and space dust; spinning due to magnetic core; and gravitational pull inward?   But you’re right, it is “round-ish”: it’s flattened at the poles so it’s not a sphere - it’s an oblate spheroid…