G7 taxation proposals vs zero-10

pongo

3 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Explain what? That tax isn't the primary driver of the big egamers being here?

The morality aspect, which is where I'm coming from initially. And, by the way, I don't disagree with the 50p T-shirt being sold for £50 scenario. Both are immoral.

This new G7 'agreement' is fundamentally undemocratic. Next we'll be having G7 determine what prices we charge for products and services. It's bonkers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

The morality aspect, which is where I'm coming from initially. And, by the way, I don't disagree with the 50p T-shirt being sold for £50 scenario. Both are immoral.

This new G7 'agreement' is fundamentally undemocratic. Next we'll be having G7 determine what prices we charge for products and services. It's bonkers.

There very little morality in most businesses. 

It doesn't stop you filling your car up, going on holiday, buying clothes or going to the supermarket.

Egaming companies are simply providing a service/platform.  There's a price to pay to use it.   I'm not sure that is any more or less moral than the next business really.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Absolutely - 'green' digital infrastructure development

What kind of infrastructure are you specifically talking about? To do what?

Nearly everyone, including nearly everyone here - whether employed or contracting, is using AWS, Azure or Google Cloud. All of which is increasingly 'green'. None of which is here.

Knowing how to use those industry standard services is part of people's professional skill-sets /  qualifications. That is not going to change. That's what people want on their CVs.

4 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

It's immoral, same category as allowing profit shifting.

Nothing wrong with e-gaming so long as it's sustainable from a resource point of view - it has a massive future

It's e-gambling that's the moral issue, & we should do what we can to limit in-game betting to modest wagers