Manx Telecom Service Status

Hillside

The MT status page shows issues with problems and/or maintenance on all platforms except voicemail.

I noticed early today that some expected emails had not arrived, and the MT site confirms that MT's email service provider is carrying out maintenance until 2nd June to improve reliability. In the meantime I can log on to email via webmail and see messages in my inbox, however these messages do not show in the inbox on either my Mac OS or iOS apps?

I guess that MT telephone support is now closed until Tuesday, does anyone have any idea how I can get the emails on their IMAP server to be synced to my devices as normal?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main issue with MT is that they are provincial rank amateurs pretending to play big boy international communications.

Like when they launched manx.net email 20 years ago and it wasn't fit for purpose then, let alone 2 decades later with the mega upgrades along the way.

Or the fact that they are can't keep reliable DNS running for a consistent period of time so that half of the web doesn't disappear at random times.

Or the world leading launch of 3G that they dined out on for years, even though there were only 5 handsets live and, by the time the rest of us got access to it, the only country we beat in the end was Zimbabwe, and only just.

But, yeah, world leading IT and comms right here on the IOM.

Although, credit where it is due, I will say that the fibre is mega and is the first time ever that they have under promised and over delivered.

And the engineers that fitted it were spot on and went above and beyond on the installation.

8 minutes ago, reptar said:

the only country we beat in the end was Zimbabwe, and only just.

But, yeah, world leading IT and comms right here on the IOM.

That's a bit silly. The broadband service is excellent. The 4G service is good.

I wonder why anyone still bothers with their email service. I wonder why they still bother running it.

1 minute ago, pongo said:

I wonder why anyone still bothers with their email service. I wonder why they still bother running it.

Did you read it all properly, clever clogs? The 3G debacle still rankles with me. All of that positive worldwide press coverage and it was all a blag.

1 minute ago, pongo said:

It's the hassle of changing your email address, now to something hard to explain to people like Fred.bloggs_125@gmail.com 

Just now, Max Power said:

It's the hassle of changing your email address, now to something hard to explain to people like Fred.bloggs_125@gmail.com 

vs the hassle of your email often not working? The sensible thing is to make the switch but to carry on still checking the old mail box. Or set up forwarding.

If you are running a business then the chances are that you've got your own domain. In which case it's trivial to switch the underlying service provider. Either to 365 or Gmail probably.

26 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

How is everyones internet at the moment? Having a lot of short drop outs the last couple of days after its been totally stable for months.

Hopeless 4G connectivity at what must be the peak demand times in recent weeks. And the normal SMS/Text service was definitely down last Thursday evening too.

12 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Hopeless 4G connectivity at what must be the peak demand times in recent weeks. And the normal SMS/Text service was definitely down last Thursday evening too.

Yes getting dropouts. 
Also missing emails I think. 

Archived