Manx Telecom Service Status

Hillside

4 hours ago, Chie said:

Speaking of franchises. Come down to Sports Direct where we haven't updated our stock in around five years. Barely ever have anything in. And have a manager that clearly doesn't care about attracting new customers or stocking the latest clothing. We STILL have those t shirts on sale that wouldn't sell three years ago and definitely NOT in your size.

What makes you think SD is a franchise?  Have you checked ?  Since Ashley owns the building it's unlikely to be a franchise.

Their franchises are in Middle East and South Africa

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Raffles said:

Mamx.net mail comes with a MT telephone line. You need one to get manx.net mail, ergo it's part of the package you pay for.

On the bright side, ok again today and (looks like) all missing emails from last few days delivered 👍

Not on my iPad but on my iPhone they are. 

13 minutes ago, Sentience said:

What on Earth is going on with our so called 'World leading' Telecommunications business??

Not one E-mail since May 26th, not even advertising!!

Come on MT, get your 'act' together.

Take it these problems are phone email related - rather than on logging onto web and trying to Tx and Rx?

15 minutes ago, Sentience said:

What on Earth is going on with our so called 'World leading' Telecommunications business??

Like a fool, I accepted the 'it's almost fixed' propaganda from MT for a good while.  However, after six days with no emails, I did some digging and found this advice page.  My emails on my laptop were configured through Outlook, and I realised that MT had changed every single server setting.  I am not aware that they told anyone that.  Unless you were logging in directly through your browser (and even the address for that had been changed) your emails would never have come back to your email client.

I am moderately tech savvy, but I can't imagine what many customers would have managed.  This is worse than pisspoor customer service.  Perhaps they don't want us to use the service!

14 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Like a fool, I accepted the 'it's almost fixed' propaganda from MT for a good while.  However, after six days with no emails, I did some digging and found this advice page.  My emails on my laptop were configured through Outlook, and I realised that MT had changed every single server setting.  I am not aware that they told anyone that.  Unless you were logging in directly through your browser (and even the address for that had been changed) your emails would never have come back to your email client.

I am moderately tech savvy, but I can't imagine what many customers would have managed.  This is worse than pisspoor customer service.  Perhaps they don't want us to use the service!

They don't tell you to change the security setting on the Web page.

Edit to add: change to SSL for both in and out.  

Well these days I'm not really tech savy but today managed to find my password so accessed my missing emails through the web okay. However cant find settings to change on my laptop to enable me to change them . Using outlook express as have done for zillions of years and always worked fine. Not sure how to find the settings to change and from friends its clear you cant get through on phone help lines . It is terrible service but its what seems the norm these days .

1 hour ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I ended up popping in to the MT shop in strand street on Saturday after over a week with no emails to my phone or iPad and having been told when I phoned MT that it would all be ok by the end of the week. The young lady in MTtook my phone off me, changed two settings and bingo - all my missing emails reappeared. I thanked her, asked what this information hadn’t been made readily available to customers by MT, she said that the staff hadn’t received much information either. I told her I knew it wasn’t her fault, but that it was shocking service.

Anyway, you need to go to settings, mail, accounts, select Manx mail, and change your host name to mail.manx.net

and do the same with outgoing mail server.  

36 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

I ended up popping in to the MT shop in strand street on Saturday after over a week with no emails to my phone or iPad and having been told when I phoned MT that it would all be ok by the end of the week. The young lady in MTtook my phone off me, changed two settings and bingo - all my missing emails reappeared. I thanked her, asked what this information hadn’t been made readily available to customers by MT, she said that the staff hadn’t received much information either. I told her I knew it wasn’t her fault, but that it was shocking service.

Anyway, you need to go to settings, mail, accounts, select Manx mail, and change your host name to mail.manx.net

and do the same with outgoing mail server.  

Thanks , found the place and altered the settings as you say and now have my emails 

2 hours ago, Sentience said:

Be careful calling our world leading telecommunications business Manx Telecom, as you will be verbally assaulted by a few IOMG loving cronies, along with their multiple puppets. 

I agree with you totally as someone who uses Manx Telecom Manx Net service. I have been informed that it will take another week for things to be rectified. I wonder if our Dear Leader, HRH The Chief Minister would care to pick up the phone to Manx Telecom ‘bosses’ and actually get something done. I’m not hopeful. I bet the Channel Islands have a reliable email service. We have third rate piss poor infrastructure at a high price.

31 minutes ago, 2112 said:

bet the Channel Islands have a reliable email service. We have third rate piss poor infrastructure at a high price.

Lol at the implicit suggestion that this is some kind of national issue.

We have really good infrastructure thanks to MT. But nobody sensible is still using MT email for anything important. Not since years.

1 minute ago, pongo said:

Lol at the implicit suggestion that this is some kind of national issue.

We have really good infrastructure thanks to MT. But nobody sensible is still using MT email for anything important. Not since years.

What would you suggest if your running a business, and you have to have decent email service?

Archived