Manx Telecom Service Status

Hillside

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just ludicrous.

35 minutes waiting to get an answer earlier today. 20 minutes this afternoon.

The problem all due to MT making changes to their e-mail client late last month.

Guess who pays for the total of 55 minutes waiting....ME, because Sure have just sent me a text to say I have now used up all of my free phone allowance and subsequently will bill me extra for the rest of the month!!

Does MT have any provision in place to compensate me for calling their help desk to try and iron out a problem THEY created.

You already know the answer. 🤬  

No emails since Friday. I tried to get through this morning but was on hold (thier holding music leave much to be desired by the way !)

In the end I went into my Safari settings and noticed the Password box had been emptied. Reinstated it and all now working again.

Considering Gmail now.

9 hours ago, John Wright said:

On the other hand I’ve just had a marketing call and an offer of upgrade to fibre which will cost me £0.29 + VAT or month more than my current package.

You can save an additional £6 a month by supplying your own router.  The fee quoted for the fibre broadband includes a router fee of £6 per month

So it's £144 over the 24 month period that you sign up for..The router they supply is not worth even half that.

They send the router pre - configured  but its relatively easy to set one up if you buy one 

6 hours ago, pongo said:

How does your existing copper line get to the house currently @Mysteron ? If there are no telegraph poles in the neighbourhood and no conduit?

Is it sky hooks?

oh - I suppose 4G?

The copper line comes up through a concrete floor, without conduit/ducting.  It can't be retracted.       

6 hours ago, Sentience said:

This is just ludicrous.

35 minutes waiting to get an answer earlier today. 20 minutes this afternoon.

The problem all due to MT making changes to their e-mail client late last month.

Guess who pays for the total of 55 minutes waiting....ME, because Sure have just sent me a text to say I have now used up all of my free phone allowance and subsequently will bill me extra for the rest of the month!!

Does MT have any provision in place to compensate me for calling their help desk to try and iron out a problem THEY created.

You already know the answer. 🤬  

Gmail.

6 hours ago, Apple said:

No emails since Friday. I tried to get through this morning but was on hold (thier holding music leave much to be desired by the way !)

In the end I went into my Safari settings and noticed the Password box had been emptied. Reinstated it and all now working again.

Considering Gmail now.

Gmail.

12 hours ago, mad_manx said:

You can save an additional £6 a month by supplying your own router.  The fee quoted for the fibre broadband includes a router fee of £6 per month

So it's £144 over the 24 month period that you sign up for..The router they supply is not worth even half that.

Can you suggest a better alternative? Also is it possible to cancel the router element of the contract once fibre has been installed?

Two things standing out regarding the inaction of Manx Telecom, is the uselessness of the Office of Fair Trading, and it’s figurehead Perkins. The silence of the Communication Commission is absolutely deafening. 

Archived