Ettyl

gossip1

2 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Isn't that what @Josemdoes?

I just thought it was funny to see another angry former DfE club recipient voice how he’s going to tear this islands establishment down and expose corruption. Who will be without doubt turned inside out and gone back to the UK or wherever else within 18 months of making that Tweet. 

3 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

I just thought it was funny to see another angry former DfE club recipient voice how he’s going to tear this islands establishment down and expose corruption. Who will be without doubt turned inside out and gone back to the UK or wherever else within 18 months of making that Tweet. 

DFE certainly seems to create its own problems. Why it feels the need to wrap around people and leave themselves open to potential exposure is beyond me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

DFE certainly seems to create its own problems. Why it feels the need to wrap around people and leave themselves open to potential exposure is beyond me.

Don’t know. I’ve heard one version of this story be linked to Greenhows departure which is so staggering if true it’s almost unbelievable. This might be a good one to watch. 

2 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Don’t know. I’ve heard one version of this story be linked to Greenhows departure which is so staggering if true it’s almost unbelievable. This might be a good one to watch. 

All you have to do is look at Ranson's case. It's made me believe that even the unbelievable is possible here. I'll keep the popcorn warm.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 7

52 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

I suspect it's something we'll see more of. 

Although this one is slightly ahead of the curve, I expect we're going to see more various chinless wonders and assorted hangers-on being jettisoned from the gravy train, as the crashing realisation dawns on them that the island is financially fucked.  They'll be fighting each other like longies in a bag.

Edited by 0bserver
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 0bserver said:

crashing realisation dawns on them that the island is financially fucked.  

It's like the NHS/Manx Care though. Plenty of revenue coming in, it's just spunked against a wall on millions of managers, vanity projects, failed/pointless infrastructure and pensions.

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 9

Interesting.

It's certainly a brave move.

14 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Isn't that what @Josemdoes?

Well he knows nothing he just seems to submit FOI requests and hope to find something he can use. Unfortunately this is usually trivial nonsense with no actual idea how to rectify the situation (presumably other than elect MJ which will achieve nothing other than make question time a bit louder).

• Like 2

The IOMG really need to get a grip on its internal culture, dismantle any ‘fiefdoms’, as well as re-build our dwindling public finances. I don’t know why DfE in its current form exists at all. When I went to the IOMG Conference in October, my view (and everyone else’s view whom I spoke to) was that after listening to their wafflings, they were unsure whether DfE represented a good value for taxpayers’ money or not (unsurprisingly, some of the Manx Care executives also received negative reactions from some attendees).

The IOM Chamber of Commerce recently stated that “a lack of digitally skilled workers was impacting the Isle of Man’s financial services and e-gaming sectors”: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-64051998. This shortage is not new; the Island has an ongoing problem attracting suitable skilled people to come and live here. I am of the opinion that DfE should be collaborating with individual companies to develop viable strategies for attracting (and retaining) the highly skilled workers. Hopefully, DfE is not being distracted from this work by sexual discrimination shenanigans.

It seems to me that the time is ripe for culling DfE ‘executives’ who don’t make substantial positive contributions to the wider welfare of the Island. If the alleged “sexual discrimination” case was true, never mind the other things that Mr Scales looks primed to allege, then this is another example of a rotten culture undermining the Government’s ability to deliver quality services. The Chief Minister wants the Island to add thousands of jobs over the next decade. Unfortunately, this kind of poor practice (and publicity) could result in the loss of thousands of jobs over the same period. Presumably, Dr Ranson’s case has also put a downer on the Island’s ability to recruit more suitably qualified medical staff who we desperately need.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, code99 said:

This shortage is not new; the Island has an ongoing problem attracting suitable skilled people to come and live here. I am of the opinion that DfE should be collaborating with individual companies to develop viable strategies for attracting (and retaining) the highly skilled workers. 

Most of DED are a new team. The majority of the old guard moved on after covid for some reason.

But attracting exactly this type of business is what they are trying to do (albeit with a slightly erroneous focus on e-gaming i.e. computer competitions) which I fail to see as a particularly viable business.

However invariably most of the people that would ultimately set up the companies are HNWs or entrepreneurs and they need some sort of incentive to set up here, which everyone also seems to moan about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gossip1 said:

Scales isn't doing himself any favours by posting these allegations on Twitter seeing he is the biggest gangster of them all - allegedly

Hope he has his suitcase packed, though.

Gangster? Not sure he'd have the energy to fire any guns without needing a break.

• Haha 1