Ettyl

gossip1

42 minutes ago, Banker said:

He shouldn’t be allowed to publish totally unproven rumours against anyone, report to police if he has evidence of fraud etc

He can publish what he wants but then must bear the responsibility if it’s proved defamatory.

Strangely, in spite of your disapproval, you republished some of his allegations. Care to explain?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He can publish what he wants but then must bear the responsibility if it’s proved defamatory.

Strangely, in spite of your disapproval, you republished some of his allegations. Care to explain?

I was replying to a post saying the allegations shouldn’t be published if that’s alright with you

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Amadeus said:

For the umpteenth time, please be careful what you post or repost here. Thank you. 

4 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Yeah especially when he hints at wrongdoings amongst those penpushers at City Hall.....

Whatever you might think, the fact is by republishing libellous information you can easily get yourself embroiled in a court case, regardless of whether such information is eventually proven or disproven in a court of law.

There is no pro bias moderation toward DBC on here, if there were any wrongdoing found within DBC most on here would agree that I would be one of the most ardent supporters to ensure that such was dealt with properly. Same with my involvement protesting at the DBC meeting.

I was unavailable earlier, but would have stated the same warning as above.

People on here need to understand the simple fact that when it comes to republishing potentially libellous information they put themselves and these forums at risk.

The worlds of the legal system and armchair rants are easily connected. So be very careful. None of us want to see anyone on MF get sucked into the legal system based on their postings, regardless of their inability to listen due to anger or their simple crass stupidity.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU POST.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1