Ettyl

gossip1

33 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Bit of googling whilst Mrs NoTailT plays Sudoku on her ipad.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14271831/officers

I found this to be the only link between Chatha and Scales, other than the hubb logo being on Clinches.

Nature of business (SIC)

68320 - Management of real estate on a fee or contract basis

82110 - Combined office administrative service activities

Makes sense as nature of business given what @offshoremanxman has educated tonight.

It’s an accepted investment model personally I’ve no issue with either of them just wanted to explain how the model usually works as it’s generally built around the We Work model. If you own the freehold of a building you can drop all the risk into the management company so if it fails there’s no contamination with the freehold asset you own - the management company just defaults on the lease. I think the Sefton has now done the same thing to separate the freehold from the managed hotel business. So if you have a successful business model as a manager you can take that to another freehold owner and set up a similar structure. You’re just piggy backing on other peoples freehold ownership through leases and management agreements. 

On 11/15/2022 at 6:55 PM, BriT said:

There are market abuse rules which apply in the UK where parties have made take over bids for UK public companies. I’m fairly sure there is a requirement that any offer must be fully underwritten (ie, the offeror must have the means at their disposal to back up the trade). If the offer was backed by dodgy paperwork (ie, it had no real substance) I’m fairly sure the stock exchange can slam a market abuse claim against the offeror as they’ve used a false mechanism to move the market price of shares.

Page 24 of the City Takeover Code covering false markets in shares and ability to back a bid. 

https://www.gibsondunn.com/wp-content/uploads/documents/publications/CityCodeOnTakeovers-AnUpdate-June2013.pdf

I’d still guess this is ultimately what the case here is about. Proving that documents were falsified to open up the gateway for action by the UK stock exchange for market abuse. 

37 minutes ago, BriT said:

Agree the price movement would have made someone a fair few quid.

Is it Esken that was the public company? Seems so from articles, I'd be intrigued to look at the price changes at the time!

I've held a long belief that Scales was a front man for someone else, it'll be intriguing to see come November what names come out.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, newaccount said:

Has there been an outcome in this case ?

I have to praise Manx Radio here.  They reported back in last April that:

A 15-day jury trial has been scheduled to start on 13 November which will be presided over by a panel deemster; Mr Scales has been bailed until that date.

But they did then update that:

Update: At Douglas Courthouse on 3 November new trial dates were set for Mr Scales' trial. It is now due to start on 29 April 2024. 

The current court listing only goes up to 12 April, so it remains to be seen if that will actually happen or if the can will be kicked down the road again.

Edited to add:  Obviously the prospect of a jury trial so close makes it important that no comment is made on the matters or people involved.

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

The admins do not curtail members comments as a rule unless it is in danger of getting the forum the wrong side of the law so your conception is nonsensical.

Eh? The admins might not but some moderators do irrespective of the legal position. 

• 2 weeks later...