Ettyl

gossip1

6 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Doug was potentially the largest shareholder and when he pulled out that is when desperation set in, more on the trial in IOM Today , today.

God can you imagine?  As part of the PPE shenanigans, we probably would have lost an airline due to some asset freeze. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Doug was potentially the largest shareholder and when he pulled out that is when desperation set in, more on the trial in IOM Today , today.

Reporting from Day 3 (and presumably 4) of the trial (ie Thursday/Friday last week) here :

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/fraud-trial-hears-letter-used-by-isle-of-man-company-director-in-talks-to-buy-airline-was-fake-685451

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Reporting from Day 3 (and presumably 4) of the trial (ie Thursday/Friday last week) here :

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/fraud-trial-hears-letter-used-by-isle-of-man-company-director-in-talks-to-buy-airline-was-fake-685451

I see our old friend Mr Barrowman was mentioned in dispatches   and one of the  alleged financial   backers  of Ettyl  ,   the reputation  for this Island as a  sound and   good   place to do business  is on the slippery slope   especially trying to drag government   departments into it with alleged fake  government letters of support ,

10 minutes ago, Omobono said:

...the reputation  for this Island as a  sound and   good   place to do business  is on the slippery slope   especially trying to drag government   departments into it with alleged fake  government letters of support ,

Yeah, not like IOM Government have ever written idiot cheques before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

I see our old friend Mr Barrowman was mentioned in dispatches   and one of the  alleged financial   backers  of Ettyl  ,   the reputation  for this Island as a  sound and   good   place to do business  is on the slippery slope   especially trying to drag government   departments into it with alleged fake  government letters of support ,

yeah, good old Mr Barrowman - https://www.ft.com/content/647f32ba-05d3-4906-b7b8-b41dca599921

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Omobono said:

The Barrowman deal fell through well before the situation in question. The supposed lender was a company called Paradigm which is owned by a delusional chancer who ostensibly did a bunk from the IOM before Covid.

Edited by FANDL

35 minutes ago, FANDL said:

The Barrowman deal fell through well before the situation in question. The supposed lender was a company called Paradigm which is owned by a delusional chancer who ostensibly did a bunk from the IOM before Covid.

I thought they were a UK company from what Id read online?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I thought they were a UK company from what Id read online?

There is a group structure. Some are IOM businesses and some are UK. Paradigm VL Group is a UK company but the Directors were IOM resident until around Covid and there are (or were) connected IOM entities that sit under the Group. 

Edited by FANDL

4 minutes ago, FANDL said:

There is a group structure. Some are IOM businesses and some are UK. Paradigm VL Group is a UK company but the Directors were IOM resident until around Covid and there are connected IOM entities that sit under the Group. 

Sounds like typical IOM nonsense.

• Like 1

Superficially, this looks a little weird. Oran Hawkins is a director at Paradigm VL Group.

The LinkedIn summary states that "Paradigm VL Group Ltd was established in 2011 and has since developed to become a recognised market leader in introducing sophisticated and wealthy investors to carefully selected, and pre-vetted, global investment projects requiring capital or funding."

Nice phrasing.

Hawkins goes on to list his education as "Kingswood School - A-Levels International Business"

Unaccustomed as I am to being cynical, but linking a high-point in education of an A-level and "sophisticated and wealthy investors" would seem to be a bit of a fantasy.

But maybe that is what the totality of sophisticated investment is.

I've got an A-level. In fact I've got three.

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

Superficially, this looks a little weird. Oran Hawkins is a director at Paradigm VL Group.

Born in 2000. What sort of person uses their own kid(s) as a human shield? 

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Hamas!

Similar to Hamas for you. The secretary of that company was once one of Tillyards right hand men who decimated the centre of Castletown in an act of shock and awe. 

28 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The LinkedIn summary states that "Paradigm VL Group Ltd was established in 2011 and has since developed to become a recognised market leader in introducing sophisticated and wealthy investors to carefully selected, and pre-vetted, global investment projects requiring capital or funding."

Nice phrasing.

Hawkins goes on to list his education as "Kingswood School - A-Levels International Business"

Unaccustomed as I am to being cynical, but linking a high-point in education of an A-level and "sophisticated and wealthy investors" would seem to be a bit of a fantasy.

But maybe that is what the totality of sophisticated investment is.

I've got an A-level. In fact I've got three.

I had a look at companies house. How does a company with a few hundred quid in the bank offer loans for millions?

I saw a Steven Hawkins on Companies House was Disqualified but I assume it's a different one. Was just looking why he might not be a director himself.

• Like 1