Ettyl

gossip1

7 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Lots of companies use marketing agencies to deliver events. It's not that unusual (no I don't work for DfE).

Yeah but surely the guys at Digital Isle are the marketing team for digital business on the Isle.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Apologies for double posting but this Jason Scales character is absolutely vile - makes lots of noise has a pile of cling on lackeys who see a few quid in a loudmouth Fatman as an aspirational business entrepreneur - he’s absolute gutter fodder.

or MHK in waiting.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Apologies for double posting but this Jason Scales character is absolutely vile - makes lots of noise has a pile of cling on lackeys who see a few quid in a loudmouth Fatman as an aspirational business entrepreneur - he’s absolute gutter fodder.

The guy is a complete Walter Mitty unfortunately. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Judging by the Sponsorship Pack[1] the sponsorships appear to handled by Ashgrove Marketing,

The booking form for the Sponsorship Pack states "Please return a scan or print off this form".

Looks like Digital Isle of Man is still at the forefront of the leading edge of white hot technologies - if you can't do the tech. just cut down another tree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Looks like Digital Isle of Man is still at the forefront of the leading edge of white hot technologies - if you can't do the tech. just cut down another tree.

As an addendum to this, my son works for a company in England which failed to get a contract with a USA company because they would not comply with the restrictions on paper use that the USA co. required. This is sensible. Pointless printing off pages is as bad as pointless plastic bags (as the IoM gov. puts at the end of all emails). Not only do I find the Sponsorship Pack web page layout a bit early 20th Century in style, just take a look at what the conference is about - or, to put it bluntly, who thought it worthwhile paying this agency?

59 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

As an addendum to this, my son works for a company in England which failed to get a contract with a USA company because they would not comply with the restrictions on paper use that the USA co. required. This is sensible. Pointless printing off pages is as bad as pointless plastic bags (as the IoM gov. puts at the end of all emails). Not only do I find the Sponsorship Pack web page layout a bit early 20th Century in style, just take a look at what the conference is about - or, to put it bluntly, who thought it worthwhile paying this agency?

The same people that get conned every single time. It's not hard to con DfE if you BS hard enough. 

Remember those jokers who had DfE believing they were going to space?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

Litereally writing his manefesto for him.

Scales is a very odd character. He’s only 28 and looks about 45. He’s clearly someone’s bag man (suggestions above) with a penchant for delusional behaviour. It takes a lot (if it’s true) to forge documents from Will Greenhow and Mark Lewin to underwrite your fantasy that you’re really a Manx Richard Branson. I see in the original thread way back it points out that stock market take over rules require that if you make a bid for a listed company you have to have the means to back it up. Not a load of hookey photocopy letters. So it could well be a case of securities fraud here on top.

24 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

The same people that get conned every single time. It's not hard to con DfE if you BS hard enough. 

Remember those jokers who had DfE believing they were going to space?

They were great, were going to use the old sputniks, I believe? Held together by gaffer tape. Went to their open day at Jurby, listened to the talk. Very slick, but totally unbelievable!

3 minutes ago, Hoops said:

They were great, were going to use the old sputniks, I believe? Held together by gaffer tape. Went to their open day at Jurby, listened to the talk. Very slick, but totally unbelievable!

Not quite, but it was some old russian shite!

download (28).jpeg

35 minutes ago, BriT said:

Scales is a very odd character. He’s only 28 and looks about 45. He’s clearly someone’s bag man (suggestions above) with a penchant for delusional behaviour. It takes a lot (if it’s true) to forge documents from Will Greenhow and Mark Lewin to underwrite your fantasy that you’re really a Manx Richard Branson. I see in the original thread way back it points out that stock market take over rules require that if you make a bid for a listed company you have to have the means to back it up. Not a load of hookey photocopy letters. So it could well be a case of securities fraud here on top.

Isle of Man, where you can.

• Like 2