NHS app data for Manx residents

ballaughbiker

14 hours ago, manx-person said:

John - do you use an iPhone or an android phone ? If an iPhone please note that you can add the pass to your Apple wallet - this may be convenient for you for offline use.

Is it IOMG's or Manx Care's intention to actually set up an online in-app facility?

If not, what are the reasons for not doing it, GDPR, IT constraints or capability, other legal issues, what?

Or are the GMP going to have to use workarounds forever?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Is it IOMG's or Manx Care's intention to actually set up an online in-app facility?

If not, what are the reasons for not doing it, GDPR, IT constraints or capability, other legal issues, what?

Or are the GMP going to have to use workarounds forever?

Hahahaha. The words Manx Care and set up in a sentence. Coupled with IOMG and it’s World Class IT infrastructure and staff - the app will be riddled with bugs and be a moneypit, and overbudget.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Until it expires in 4 weeks +2 days

Would a problem arise if one was returning home from afar and traveling with permissions that were out of date if you'd been away for longer that the 30 days on return? It seems ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, quilp said:

Would a problem arise if one was returning home from afar and traveling with permissions that were out of date if you'd been away for longer that the 30 days on return? It seems ridiculous. 

It is ridiculous. But then IOMG (in whatever guise) seem to know better.

• Thanks 1

Tried it today. Log on to the NHS website, get the pass/QR code. Takes 2 mins. Automatically refreshes each time you access it from the website, or you can download it as a pdf, which expires after 30 days, but you can get a new one anytime.

• Like 1

Ah well. I've got my 119 printed pass. I've screen saved the one off the website, printed it and e-mailed myself a copy, plus saved it to wallet. I'll now scan and save the printed on official water marked paper one.

Ive also booked my "private" IoM NHS PCR for the last appointment on the day before I travel.

Belt and braces. 

Speaking to friends in France. You can't even go into McDonalds or service station without presenting it to be scanned.

Just hope Spain, UK and Bulgaria don't change their traffic lights over the next 8 weeks.

Ive got 12 weeks meds, just in case I need to quarantine and get stuck for a week or two..

Never has travelling seemed such a faff.

Had my customary frustration with easyJet special assistance when I rang to give them the wheelchair details. I gave the wrong dimension first and was told it was too big.

They have maximum dimensions that are, as an example, h 80 x w 80 x l 120, I gave mine as 90 x 60 x 50.  The customer service agent had no spatial awareness. Couldn't see that h x w x l sort of depended on which way up or on which side you stand the thing. 

20 months since I booked my last ticket. I'd forgotten.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Speaking to friends in France. You can't even go into McDonalds or service station without presenting it to be scanned.

Completely insane. Anyone who thinks this kind of shit is a good idea should be shot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snowman said:

You can use Tous Covid with the NHS qr code.

Google it for instructions

Im aware. Will download and install TAC Verif when/if I get to France. Im assuming that you probably mean Tous Anti Covid Verif?

Some users are reporting an issue in that they have to scan, and upload the English 2D bar code every time they open the app.

Some users are reporting an issue in that they have to scan, and upload the English 2D bar code every time they open the app.

Yep. I have been trying to link the TAC Verif app with the TousAntiCovid app (where the certificates are stored) to save carrying the paper bit around and scanning it each time.

Failed..

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

Someone on Mannin line today ringing from Alicante, said they had no problems entering Spain on Monday  with Manx Care app/forms. Said they were a lot of completing plus the Spanish locator ones.

Well, it wouldn’t have been the app. There’s no QR or 2D barcode on that.