NHS app data for Manx residents

ballaughbiker

11 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yes but you need to read it thoroughly and understand it properly. No offence meant but is states that the 'so called' viral load can be just as high in vaccinated persons who have breakthrough infections/cases, it then goes on the state that these are "extremely rare"

if you aggregate this is makes your 'marginally' statement completely misleading

Like I have said before if a person has had close contact with someone with COVID 19 and if that person is a:

• Vaccinated person then they 'might possibly' infect you
  • Unvaccinated person then they will probably infect you

That is the difference and its not just marginal

Where's the "extremely rare" in quotes from? The word rare doesn't appear on the page I linked. The breakthrough cases are the ones that are already accounted for by my noting that the vaccinated are 50% (more or less) less likely to contract Covid19 after contact with a positive case, no?

12 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Aren't unvaccinated more likely to develop symptoms though? I'd say that evens it out somewhat. If we are going to live with it this demonising has to stop. Get on with it, accept society is a rich tapestry and stop hating on people.

Yes, they are. I suppose for the avoidance of doubt I should quote the CDC's definition of a breakthrough case:

For the purpose of this surveillance, a vaccine breakthrough infection is defined as the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen in a respiratory specimen collected from a person ≥14 days after they have completed all recommended doses of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.

i.e. anyone who tests positive for covid19 after being fully vaccinated. Given the vaccine appears to reduce/remove symptoms, there will be a fair swath of vaccinated asymptomatic people. Which is a good thing, mostly. They're obviously more likely to be out in public because they feel fine, but also it demonstrates that the vaccine works so that's nice.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Where's the "extremely rare" in quotes from? The word rare doesn't appear on the page I linked. The breakthrough cases are the ones that are already accounted for by my noting that the vaccinated are 50% (more or less) less likely to contract Covid19 after contact with a positive case, no?

Apologies. Yes the information about 'breakthrough case being rare was not in there but in reports by others, but by inference it is acknowledged.

I guess we don't really need all these academics to try and tell us what we can see for ourselves. In the UK (and the IOM) there are pretty much no restrictions to normal life. The infection rates are a bit wobbly but seems to be in the under 30's and they are levelling/dropping. If vaccinated people spread the illness only marginally less than unvaccinated people this would not be the case.

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Apologies. Yes the information about 'breakthrough case being rare was not in there but in reports by others, but by inference it is acknowledged.

I guess we don't really need all these academics to try and tell us what we can see for ourselves. In the UK (and the IOM) there are pretty much no restrictions to normal life. The infection rates are a bit wobbly but seems to be in the under 30's and they are levelling/dropping. If vaccinated people spread the illness only marginally less than unvaccinated people this would not be the case.

Asymptomatic people won't be getting tested now that track and trace is all but abandoned, though. That'll have a significant impact on the infection rate here, particularly in the vaccinated population. That said, I think our PCR test is set at too many cycles to be particularly useful now anyway. A very high sensitivity was a fantastic idea when we were going for elimination, but now I think not so useful. More useful is hospitalisation numbers - which fortunately seem pretty low despite our complete lack of any restrictions.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am very sure the vaccine is working to do what it was meant to - keep people from developing particularly nasty infections. I am just less convinced on the need to be particularly concerned about coming into contact with the unvaccinated. That said, I am fortunate to be young and in fair health. Were I vulnerable I would probably choose my social interactions more shrewdly.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Where have you read that Manx data won’t power a QR pass on the app?

As I understand it there will be three ways to access the NHS Covid pass for Manx residents

1. By using online web based NHS Covid pass services to have a copy sent by post, emailed or downloaded as a PDF
2. By calling a call centre operated by the UK NHS who will have a copy sent to you
3. By using the NHS App (but the Covid pass part of this App is not yet activated - i.e. this will be available later subject to the provisions of s255 of the Health and Social Care Act 2012 (parl) and the attendant processes.

Each of these options will generate the same thing - a certificate with a QR Code which complies with the EU DCC  framework - https://ec.europa.eu/health/sites/default/files/ehealth/docs/covid-certificate_equivalence-decision_annex2_en.pdf

And that it is intended that (1) and (2) be going live within the next two weeks per - https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/access-to-nhs-covid-pass-in-the-next-fortnight/

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cambon said:

Amazing! Completely pathetic! Hard copy posted, it will be for me! 

The announcement states you will be able to either request a copy via the NHS call centre, or use the Covid Pass service to request a copy to be sent by email or download one.

What do you mean by "Hard copy posted, it will be for me!" ?