NHS app data for Manx residents

ballaughbiker

I can't think of a reasonable justification for them, especially not a punitive one. I suppose you could argue that for international travel it provides some reassurance to the country you travel to that you have tried to reduce your risk of ending up in their hospital, but that's a bout it. It is an unnecessary nonsense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, emesde said:

I have just had a conversation with my son who is hollidaying in Northern France. 

They live in a different European country 

He is double jabbed but his wife who is French is not. They have not been able to eat in any restaurants together, because of this. I am sure other eu countries will be having similar restrictions. 

If you don't have proof of a full course of injections there will be a price and in my view quite rightly so. 

But there is no good reason for it. Covid is well and truly established in every country now. Being vaccinated does not mean you don't have it and could pass it on in a French restaurant. 

It is a complete over reaction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

But there is no good reason for it. Covid is well and truly established in every country now. Being vaccinated does not mean you don't have it and could pass it on in a French restaurant. 

Being vaccinated reduces your odds of catching it, having it and of passing it on. 

Vaccination passports are a very good incentive to getting the jab. Especially in places that are a bit more reluctant towards taking it up. 

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

You’re right but France, Italy, some Scandinavia countries are using it as a stick to get the population vaccinated, you can’t get the inter regional trains in France or Italy without vaccinations pass. Also health workers are being suspended in Italy & USA for refusing vaccinations.

They May stop restrictions when they get to an agreed level but who knows!!

2 hours ago, Banker said:

You’re right but France, Italy, some Scandinavia countries are using it as a stick to get the population vaccinated, you can’t get the inter regional trains in France or Italy without vaccinations pass. Also health workers are being suspended in Italy & USA for refusing vaccinations.

They May stop restrictions when they get to an agreed level but who knows!!

You are correct but it is a step too far! If people don't want the jab, good luck! The problem is that it is the vaccinated majority are are being targeted. I am 2+2, but cannot see my brother in USA, because I had AZ. Not recognised over there. He had Pfifzer, and can come here. USA don't recognise AZ because it is £5 per shot. Pfifzer is £15. That is not about vaccination. It is about money. 

And while we bang for how ‘great’ our NHS is let’s not forget how hopeless they are. At record keeping , having an IT system fit for purpose , at coping with anything. Let’s face it the NHS failed , mainly I will say because our respective governments don’t fund them properly. So we have a tough choice , continue with a crap health service , or increase our tax rate to 30 % basic and 45% above say £50,000 and scrap now the tax cap ( which is let’s face it unfair ). I’d vote for a brave person who proposed that , in a CM vote. And that is what Declan will never get and that is a shame. On us all.

• Haha 1