NHS app data for Manx residents

ballaughbiker

1 minute ago, Declan said:

Not as easy as having it appear in the app. Months ago. 

So you log into the app, get directed to a weg page, log in to the web page, open your phone to get the code, it then emails the QR code to you and you somehow have to print it out - like it's 2003 and anyone other than a boomer still owns a printer.  

This is after having to join the phone queue to get a letter from the government (sorry two letters from the government) because there was no guarantee that it would be ready in time. You've then got to carry a sheaf of unnecessary paper that might get lost. 

VS

open app and show code

All because we weren't sharing data with the UK NHS due to the GDPR-cranks. 

Don't log into the app - use the web link above - if you are on an iPhone you can add the covid pass to your phone wallet.

Why do you need to print it out ?

I'm not sure that "All because we weren't sharing data with the UK NHS due to the GDPR-cranks."

Have you not been able to access your pass ? Do you need assistance ?

I have - after waiting months. And in a less convenient format than it being in the app. 

In all honesty, I'm worried that this non-standard approach will cause problems entering a festival I'm going to next week. I'm not sure that a 6th former doing a bit of stewarding to get a free ticket, will be quite up to speed with constitutional position of the Isle of Man. 

It should have been easy to do this. The data should be one batch (what happens if we attend A&E in the UK can the doctors see our records there?) but the GDPR-extremists don't like that. That (and incompetence of the Manx Government) is behind this delayed half-assed job. 

And while we're at it, I've had to get a new passport just to go to England (horrid blue thing with Isle of Man written in English, French, Spanish, Irish, Scottish and Welsh but not Manx) because the GDPR-cranks objected to a National ID card scheme.  We don't cow-tow to anti-vaxers and flat-earthers but our freedom and safety is curtailed to appease these nutters

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

What happens if you lose your phone?

Use the ap on my tablet. 

A bigger concern is what happens if there's poor 3g connection. Or I run out of charge whilst searching emails or doing the convoluted process through the web page. 

32 minutes ago, Declan said:

Which asks for NHS number requiring me to log into the app.

Only if you have it, it's optional - say you don't have it.  If you are having difficulty and need some assistance please direct message me and I will arrange for someone from Manx Care to call you to assist you - they will also be able to provide reassurance over the concerns that you have raised here.

16 minutes ago, manx-person said:

Only if you have it, it's optional - say you don't have it.  If you are having difficulty and need some assistance please direct message me and I will arrange for someone from Manx Care to call you to assist you - they will also be able to provide reassurance over the concerns that you have raised here.

What information do you need to hand before you click on the direct link? I haven't seen that information anywhere (but I also haven't clicked on the link)

32 minutes ago, manx-person said:

You are totally missing the point.

Declan’s done it, so have I. 

But it could be so much easier and straightforward, with just one or two clicks in the app.

Instead we have to use work around, multiple devices, and downloading again every 30 days.

The data is already with English NHS, that’s how we can access the pass on the web and order one on watermarked NHS paper on line or by phone. The info is even on the App.

Why, oh why, can’t the App generate the pass? I’ve asked you that before, but you don’t answer.

I get that you’re invested in this from your posts, and your offer to assist Declan. Whoever dreamt this up, whoever didn’t have the info going to England in real time as jabs went into arms, is frankly an example of all that is wrong with Manx politics, government, administration and civil servants.

No planning, no foresight, no urgency, no understanding of the real world issues faced by residents. The attitude of it’ll do, the natives are docile, it doesn’t matter shines through the result and the presentation. We should be glad for what we’ve got.

Well, no. I, like Declan want the ease of an app. I want to be able to use it to board transport, cross borders, enter countries, prove vaccination status at events, pubs, clubs, restaurants, as appropriate.

What went wrong? When will we get it? Why don’t we have it yet?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You are totally missing the point.

Declan’s done it, so have I. 

But it could be so much easier and straightforward, with just one or two clicks in the app.

Instead we have to use work around, multiple devices, and downloading again every 30 days.

The data is already with English NHS, that’s how we can access the pass on the web and order one on watermarked NHS paper on line or by phone. The info is even on the App.

Why, oh why, can’t the App generate the pass? I’ve asked you that before, but you don’t answer.

I get that you’re invested in this from your posts, and your offer to assist Declan. Whoever dreamt this up, whoever didn’t have the info going to England in real time as jabs went into arms, is frankly an example of all that is wrong with Manx politics, government, administration and civil servants.

No planning, no foresight, no urgency, no understanding of the real world issues faced by residents. The attitude of it’ll do, the natives are docile, it doesn’t matter shines through the result and the presentation. We should be glad for what we’ve got.

Well, no. I, like Declan want the ease of an app. I want to be able to use it to board transport, cross borders, enter countries, prove vaccination status at events, pubs, clubs, restaurants, as appropriate.

What went wrong? When will we get it? Why don’t we have it yet?

I'm not invested at all - just offering to help.

I don't know why your feel that you can't use it to "board transport, cross borders, enter countries, prove vaccination status at events, pubs, clubs, restaurants, as appropriate." With the current "offering" all that is possible.

I'm happy to refer those with a practical question.

Clearly you and others are entitled to your opinion on matters - that is what forums are for !

Just now, manx-person said:

I'm not invested at all - just offering to help.

I don't know why your feel that you can't use it to "board transport, cross borders, enter countries, prove vaccination status at events, pubs, clubs, restaurants, as appropriate." With the current "offering" all that is possible.

I'm happy to refer those with a practical question.

Clearly you and others are entitled to your opinion on matters - that is what forums are for !

You really don’t get it.

Of course I can use the web site, download, print, screen shot, scan, e-mail a copy to myself from the web site. Your response is CS obtuse. I said I wanted to use the App to do those things. Not that I couldn’t do those things via the web site.

When I’m on the move I don’t want to be playing access web sites on small screen. I just want two clicks on the app. 

The current system should, and can, with political will, and CS extracting the finger, work from both the website and the App.

Yet again, as you keep ducking and diving ( if I didn’t know better I’d think you were Josem ) why doesn’t the App have pass functionality for those who received doses in the IOM? Neither do you explain the delay. After all expressions of interest for a QR code vaccination proof service were invited in March. What went wrong, and at what cost? Someone was aware, 5 months ago.

Your response highlights the attitude I described in my post under reply. The current offering works, but it could do so much better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Why are you being ratty to manx-person John? They're clearly trying to help. Its pretty unlikely the app problem is their fault.

Read their post history. Clearly a CS insider or advisor. Justifying the abortion we’ve been given.

Its a Marie Antoinette response.

• Like 2