NHS app data for Manx residents

ballaughbiker

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Tried it just now - dead easy.  It might be even easier in the app, but it was only email address, password (same ones as for the app) and then you get the QR code, valid for a month. 

But why only a month? I am vaccinated. My status is not going to change. I will not become unvaccinated. 

The whole situation is stupid. A complete over reaction to the virus. 

It stinks of of political control. 

If you are having difficulty and need some assistance please direct message me 

Well that's an improvement to the sub-optimal attitude of the Chief Information Officer for Manx Care who chose to completely ignore two emails on this subject. The first was on the 14th June and the subsequent chaser on 31st July.

Good job this has now since been resolved.

Hey ... that's not you is it ? 😉

7 minutes ago, forestboy said:

Have easily downloaded my NHS Covid Pass.

Frustrating it’s only valid for 30 days.

Is there a reason for this?

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

But why only a month? I am vaccinated. My status is not going to change. I will not become unvaccinated. 

The whole situation is stupid. A complete over reaction to the virus. 

It stinks of of political control. 

The App is multi purpose in England. The 2D bar code or QR code expires in 48/72 hours if it’s a Covid test and 30 days if it’s vaccination.

Its said to be GDPR. Self expiry means it may not be able to be read after it’s expired or if it’s been stored by anyone scanning it. That protects the biometric data about you that’s there.

5 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Well that's an improvement to the sub-optimal attitude of the Chief Information Officer for Manx Care who chose to completely ignore two emails on this subject. The first was on the 14th June and the subsequent chaser on 31st July.

Good job this has now since been resolved.

Hey ... that's not you is it ? 😉

Good afternoon,

I'm the CIO of Manx Care.  You did write to me on the 14th of June.  We had a pleasant email exchange on the subject (on the 14th of June) where you thanked me for my prompt reply.  

I don't have an email from you on the 31st of July (not from the same email address anyway).  

Please feel free to contact again anytime.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, forestboy said:

Have easily downloaded my NHS Covid Pass.

Frustrating it’s only valid for 30 days.

Is there a reason for this?

The isle of man issue the pass using the UK NHS Covid Pass Service

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

This explains the position

The offer of refering your question or concern is open to all .

8 minutes ago, manx-person said:

The isle of man issue the pass using the UK NHS Covid Pass Service

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

This explains the position

The offer of refering your question or concern is open to all .

No, it doesn’t answer the questions I’ve raised, and you still dodge, nor does it actually answer the period of validity question.

13 minutes ago, quilp said:

What happens if you get your ID just before travel and your trip is longer than 30days? Apart from a marble or two am I missing something? 

You can access the website again and again and get 30 days each time.

The actual printed letter on “special” NHS watermarked paper, which a lot of countries seem to want, I’m not sure.

18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No, it doesn’t answer the questions I’ve raised, and you still dodge, nor does it actually answer the period of validity question.

My offer stands - if anyone has a particular query in relation to their pass or the use of, or acceptance of the Covid Pass I am happy to refer them to someone who can give an authoritative answer.

21 minutes ago, manx-person said:

My offer stands - if anyone has a particular query in relation to their pass or the use of, or acceptance of the Covid Pass I am happy to refer them to someone who can give an authoritative answer.

Tell you what. You clearly know, either, the answer, or who has the answer.

Find out, post here, so we all gain the benefit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Tell you what. You clearly know, either, the answer, or who has the answer.

Find out, post here, so we all gain the benefit.

I suspect you just prompted another visit to the boss’s office.

I have visions of 15 civil servants sat round a meeting table with this thread on the projector trying to decide what to post next.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

Tried it just now - dead easy.  It might be even easier in the app, but it was only email address, password (same ones as for the app) and then you get the QR code, valid for a month. 

Unless I am doing something wrong only a few days for the domestic version? 

Just in case anyone doesn’t understand why I want to be able to use the App, rather than web sites.

1. I generally access websites on my PC. It remembers my log in and password, which is fine when I’m at my desk or using a VPN remote connection.

2. logging into a web site via phone and iPad requires me to remember user name and password.

3. app log in is biometric, either finger print or facial, across multiple devices.

Number 3 is easier on the hoof.

Throughout the pandemic we’ve been treated like mushrooms. We were promised data upon which decisions were based. 18 months on I must have missed its release.

This is yet another example.

We won’t give you the pass on the app. Why not? We won’t. Explain? No!

The pass has a limited life. Why? GDPR. What on the app requires GDPR protecting? It’s GPPR. Tell us more. No.

• Like 6

Good afternoon,

I'm the CIO of Manx Care.  You did write to me on the 14th of June.  We had a pleasant email exchange on the subject (on the 14th of June) where you thanked me for my prompt reply.  

I don't have an email from you on the 31st of July (not from the same email address anyway).  

Please feel free to contact again anytime.

Cage rattled and a prompt response. Thank you Richard.

There was a 2nd email sent at 1413 on the 14th June following the one to which you referred (sent at 1212).

It is pointless going any further with this as the subsequent 2 lost emails included a once valid enquiry that has now been rendered irrelevant by the recent issue resolution.

That said, I can prove both were sent, so if they do arrive, any response would now be entirely superfluous. 

However, fair play to you. You had the you-know-whats to contribute on here...👍

Edited by ballaughbiker
spelling