NHS app data for Manx residents

ballaughbiker

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

I suspect you just prompted another visit to the boss’s office.

I have visions of 15 civil servants sat round a meeting table with this thread on the projector trying to decide what to post next.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Tell you what. You clearly know, either, the answer, or who has the answer.

Find out, post here, so we all gain the benefit.

No thanks - I'll just wait for the speculation here.

In the alternative send me a message and I'll suggest who might answer.

Edited by manx-person

Just now, manx-person said:

You 

Another poster bigging themselves up, by saying they know the answer, or where to get the answer. The I know something you don’t syndrome.

When asked to put up or shut up they just avoid.

In fact, here we have someone who sends PM’s requesting things are taken down, and when asked to justify  just goes silent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Another poster bigging themselves up, by saying they know the answer, or where to get the answer. The I know something you don’t syndrome.

When asked to put up or shut up they just avoid.

In fact, here we have someone who sends PM’s requesting things are taken down, and when asked to justify  just goes silent.

Not at all - please send me a DM and I will use my best endeavours to ensure that the person with the query receives a personal response addressing their worries or concerns.

The offer to assist is repeated.

6 minutes ago, manx-person said:

Not at all - please send me a DM and I will use my best endeavours to ensure that the person with the query receives a personal response addressing their worries or concerns.

The offer to assist is repeated.

Exactly what I’m saying - CS arrogance at its worst.

You keep on saying speculation on here is wrong. That implies you know the answer ( otherwise you couldn’t say it was wrong ). You won’t give the answer.

The questions I, and others, have raised deserve a public, not a private answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well, no. I, like Declan want the ease of an app. I want to be able to use it to board transport, cross borders, enter countries, prove vaccination status at events, pubs, clubs, restaurants, as appropriate.

Me too.

I'm off to France where they have an app called TousAntiCovid. It provides a QR to access places and transport that require full vax. 

I have just tried to activate it with the NHS 2D barcode and .. yes ..  it works. It just all needs repeating in 30 days which, as you have already pointed out, is a pain

Maybe your destination countries have a similar app to the French that may help whilst this is resolved?

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Exactly what I’m saying - CS arrogance at its worst.

If anyone has any issue with the use of the NHS Covid Pass and needs help or an explanation of its use, or assistance with their particular circumstances then I will do my utmost to assist them

How is that arrogance? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, manx-person said:

If anyone has any issue with the use of the NHS Covid Pass and needs help or an explanation of its use, or assistance with their particular circumstances then I will do my utmost to assist them

How is that arrogance? 

Because that’s not the issue. Those aren’t the questions. You’re just deflecting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, manx-person said:

How is that arrogance? 

You didn't answer my question before, it might be pretty useful to know ahead of time what information you need to provide to get the certificate. Say someone who has never logged into anything NHS based ever. Do they first need to phone their gp to find out their NHS number? Do you need to photo your passport? Do you have to provide 6 forms of proof of address and your grandparents birth certificates? That kind of thing.

Edited by TheTeapot

44 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You didn't answer my question before, it might be pretty useful to know ahead of time what information you need to provide to get the certificate. Say someone who has never logged into anything NHS based ever. Do they first need to phone their gp to find out their NHS number? Do you need to photo your passport? Do you have to provide 6 forms of proof of address and your grandparents birth certificates? That kind of thing.

Please see details here on what is required - https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/nhs-log-in/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manx-person said:

Quite a common claim the old email didn't arrive.  Perhaps submit a subject access request, I am sure you will find the 'missing' emails

2 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Quite a common claim the old email didn't arrive.  Perhaps submit a subject access request, I am sure you will find the 'missing' emails

Nah, it doesn't warrant that now the issue has, finally, been resolved.

It just doesn't matter any more. 

Perhaps it won't happen again eh ? 😉 

58 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Also, if you have concerns about providing PII to obtain a vaccine certificate then you can call 0808 1624 119 when convenient 24 hours a day 7 days a week and they will issue a certificate in the post.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Just in case anyone doesn’t understand why I want to be able to use the App, rather than web sites.

1. I generally access websites on my PC. It remembers my log in and password, which is fine when I’m at my desk or using a VPN remote connection.

2. logging into a web site via phone and iPad requires me to remember user name and password.

3. app log in is biometric, either finger print or facial, across multiple devices.

Number 3 is easier on the hoof.

Throughout the pandemic we’ve been treated like mushrooms. We were promised data upon which decisions were based. 18 months on I must have missed its release.

This is yet another example.

We won’t give you the pass on the app. Why not? We won’t. Explain? No!

The pass has a limited life. Why? GDPR. What on the app requires GDPR protecting? It’s GPPR. Tell us more. No.

John - do you use an iPhone or an android phone ? If an iPhone please note that you can add the pass to your Apple wallet - this may be convenient for you for offline use.

16 minutes ago, manx-person said:

Also, if you have concerns about providing PII to obtain a vaccine certificate then you can call 0808 1624 119 when convenient 24 hours a day 7 days a week and they will issue a certificate in the post.

I have concerns about the whole thing, but thats a different conversation. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

I suspect you just prompted another visit to the boss’s office.

I have visions of 15 civil servants sat round a meeting table with this thread on the projector trying to decide what to post next.

Have you any outstanding questions in relation to the NHS Covod Pass in terms of obtaining one and its acceptance ?