NHS app data for Manx residents

ballaughbiker

3 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

I suspect you just prompted another visit to the boss’s office.

I have visions of 15 civil servants sat round a meeting table with this thread on the projector trying to decide what to post next.

Surely not at this time of the evening ahead of a bank holiday weekend !!

Your vision lacks any credibility.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, manx-person said:

John - do you use an iPhone or an android phone ? If an iPhone please note that you can add the pass to your Apple wallet - this may be convenient for you for offline use.

Thank you for all you pointless and unhelpful suggestions, the ones that just compound your continued attempt to ignore my questions and the elephant in the room.

I tried to register for the NHS app a couple of months ago through my GP.  I got a letter with a passcode and about 20 different websites, I didn't know which one I should register with so abandoned the whole exercise.

I am travelling next week, only to the UK and will have to gird my loins to recommence the process if I can, so I have the QR code in case I need it for getting in to  Primark.

This whole exercise has had so many different emanations, none of which has come to anything, that most of us are already starting from a base of confusion. 

Anyway, I will get myself ready for a long and confusing exercise over the "super" weekend.  I'll let you know how I get on. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I tried to register for the NHS app a couple of months ago through my GP.  I got a letter with a passcode and about 20 different websites, I didn't know which one I should register with so abandoned the whole exercise.

I am travelling next week, only to the UK and will have to gird my loins to recommence the process if I can, so I have the QR code in case I need it for getting in to  Primark.

This whole exercise has had so many different emanations, none of which has come to anything, that most of us are already starting from a base of confusion. 

Anyway, I will get myself ready for a long and confusing exercise over the "super" weekend.  I'll let you know how I get on. 

You won't need it, places were taking the signs down last week. Didn't see anyone using the remaining ones.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I went across a few weeks ago.  Shops were not asking for details. Restaurants were table service only, and asked for contact details for tracing purposes if you didn’t have the app to scan their barcode. It really wasn’t a hassle, and is even less so now. 

I don’t really understand the ding-dong on here over the NHS app.  It’s dead easy.  I signed up for the NHS app on my phone a few months ago.  It took a few minutes only to confirm my ID (selfie plus a picture of my driving license) and then I could access my GP record.  Vaccinations were there, recorded.  In the last few days new functions have opened up with batch numbers too.

Using the same login details for the app on the NHS covid vaccine certificate site (google those terms, it’ll be top) you can get a QR code for local or travel use.  On an iPhone add to your wallet, or download a pdf, or screenshot - sorted. 

19 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I went across a few weeks ago.  Shops were not asking for details. Restaurants were table service only, and asked for contact details for tracing purposes if you didn’t have the app to scan their barcode. It really wasn’t a hassle, and is even less so now. 

I don’t really understand the ding-dong on here over the NHS app.  It’s dead easy.  I signed up for the NHS app on my phone a few months ago.  It took a few minutes only to confirm my ID (selfie plus a picture of my driving license) and then I could access my GP record.  Vaccinations were there, recorded.  In the last few days new functions have opened up with batch numbers too.

Using the same login details for the app on the NHS covid vaccine certificate site (google those terms, it’ll be top) you can get a QR code for local or travel use.  On an iPhone add to your wallet, or download a pdf, or screenshot - sorted. 

Thanks, Wrighty.  I wasn't really expecting an issue but there may be some over zealous requirements.   I will try again over the weekend.  The thing that is confusing is the number of sites you can choose to sign up to.  However  I am getting regular emails on various health topics so guess I have done something right. 

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Thanks, Wrighty.  I wasn't really expecting an issue but there may be some over zealous requirements.   I will try again over the weekend.  The thing that is confusing is the number of sites you can choose to sign up to.  However  I am getting regular emails on various health topics so guess I have done something right. 

Having recently been away I can assure you that you won't need any of that crap!

Everyone is just getting on with things now and I wasn't asked for anything while away with the only challenge being coming back through the sea terminal!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, finlo said:

Having recently been away I can assure you that you won't need any of that crap!

Everyone is just getting on with things now and I wasn't asked for anything while away with the only challenge being coming back through the sea terminal!

I second that, the only hassle is getting past the IoM wombles in their sheds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, if you have concerns about providing PII to obtain a vaccine certificate then you can call 0808 1624 119 when convenient 24 hours a day 7 days a week and they will issue a certificate in the post.

To any address ?

Thought so hence your point about 30 days being a real pain if you are travelling.

Mrs biker points out you (obv) need access to a printer once you download any updated certificate which will of course not then be on security paper.

I think this is the IOM gov all over. Slow, inefficient, costly and different for the sake of it, often to every Manx resident's detriment once you have the temerity to go elsewhere.

It seems little has changed since I worked there 30+ years ago.

• Like 1