NHS app data for Manx residents

ballaughbiker

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

Someone on Mannin line today ringing from Alicante, said they had no problems entering Spain on Monday  with Manx Care app/forms. Said they were a lot of completing plus the Spanish locator ones.

Someone rang the mannin line from Alicante? Boy they must be having a good time over there. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Someone on Mannin line today ringing from Alicante, said they had no problems entering Spain on Monday  with Manx Care app/forms. Said they were a lot of completing plus the Spanish locator ones.

Good to hear!

The pass/letter to Manx residents from the NHS Covid pass service for 2+2 vaccinated people are the same as the English NHS issue .

The UK advice for Spain is here - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements

Visitor requirements are at https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm including completing the https://www.spth.gob.es/ 

Travelling is more complicated these days!

Hopefully the EU and the UK can reach agreement over the technical 3rd country requirements to ensure wide acceptance of the NHS Covid pass in the EU - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/24/nhs-covid-pass-still-not-recognised-in-some-eu-countries - this would by extension assist Manx travellers

Good to see that IATA are accepting the NHS Covid pass though - https://www.iata.org/en/pressroom/2021-releases/2021-08-19-012/

• 4 weeks later...

I applied for the letter a few weeks ago and it hasn't arrived.  Has anyone requested a letter and got theirs ?

I've got the electronic version and downloaded the pdf, but I would like to have an authentic printed version rather than printing the pdf on my shit printer.

I would like to have the printed version in case of Internet / website issues whist travelling.  I know IOM can't use the app - but the app went offline a couple of months ago and people who relied on it were refused boarding.

1 hour ago, snowman said:

I applied for the letter a few weeks ago and it hasn't arrived.  Has anyone requested a letter and got theirs ?

I've got the electronic version and downloaded the pdf, but I would like to have an authentic printed version rather than printing the pdf on my shit printer.

I would like to have the printed version in case of Internet / website issues whist travelling.  I know IOM can't use the app - but the app went offline a couple of months ago and people who relied on it were refused boarding.

I hope you never get serious problems in your life😅

2 hours ago, snowman said:

If you've downloaded the .PDF then you can't have any internet or website issues. It's a downloaded .pdf to your device that doesn't require the internet to open.

1 hour ago, swoopy2110 said:

If you've downloaded the .PDF then you can't have any internet or website issues. It's a downloaded .pdf to your device that doesn't require the internet to open.

Doesnt remove the risk of low battery, lost / damaged phone

Instead of having to justify myself I would be grateful for an answer to the question I asked

5 hours ago, snowman said:

Don't you know anyone with a decent printer? Or can't you go to a copy shop with a flash drive?

15 hours ago, snowman said:

The pdf you receive electronically is in a wholly different form and format to the official hard copy letter. I ordered both our letters on line via the web site ( as well as downloading from the website, storing, screen shooting and printing the online version ), one arrived, the other didn’t. I’m sure I did both properly, so in the end, 6 days before travel, I phoned. The second arrived the day before departure.

So, phone, if you’ve got time,

Save the pdf, screen shot it and print it. 

Im a great believer in belt and braces.

I am currently in Spain. Arrived a week ago, My SpTH locator form ( which I had in e and hard formats ) wasn’t accepted at boarding. We’d upgraded cabin, number on form didn’t correspond with number on ticket. Took an heart stopping hour to get new codes and fill in two new forms due to poor mobile signal and no WiFi in Portsmouth International Terminal.

Im travelling Barcelona London Barcelona next weekend. So I’ll see what happens then, with Ryanair.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

NHS app doesn’t work for  me as I was double jabbed in the South Atlantic, got booster on I o M,

travel with paper copy of proof of vaccination issued by hospital where we were jabbed, have had no issues travelling or entering any destination to date.

random check on Covid vaccination status on entering Spain last week, no problems encountered....

but I cannot get proof of booster