NHS app data for Manx residents

ballaughbiker

8 hours ago, John Wright said:

The domestic one is one. There's a separate QR for each shot for international travel

I'll have to back read this thread. I'm new to this. I installed the NHS app. I registered and I put in my details and it found me. I then went to the vaccine passport bit and it generated a QR code.

Of course I have absolutely no idea what that QR code says about me.

10 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I'll have to back read this thread. I'm new to this. I installed the NHS app. I registered and I put in my details and it found me. I then went to the vaccine passport bit and it generated a QR code.

Of course I have absolutely no idea what that QR code says about me.

The domestic pass just has a QR code on it, the international one has the vaccine details too. 

The only purpose of the QR code is to check whether a pass is genuine or not. Domestically, businesses can register with the NHS to check the QR code, their scanner simply says yay or nay, so no further details are needed. Internationally not all countries can check the background NHS data, so the pass needs all the information. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

And the English NHS and Manx Care mess things up again.

I had my first jab 13/3/21, second on 22/5/21 and my third primary on 1/12/21. Paul had first 2 same dates and a booster on 1/12/21.

We had the same AZ first two times around and pfizer third time around.

Im now in Spain. Had been intending driving into France early in New Year ( by then I’ll have been in Spain more than 14 days and the restriction is on British passport holders entering from UK - not elsewhere in Schengen ).

For France I need a valid QR/2D barcode showing a jab no older than 6 months old. Without there’s no staying at a hotel, eating at a restaurant, drinking in a bar, entering a performance venue.

Guess what. The website and app can upload boosters, but not third primary doses. So I’m stuck with a certificate showing my last dose 7 months ago.

12 hours ago, John Wright said:

And the English NHS and Manx Care mess things up again.

I had my first jab 13/3/21, second on 22/5/21 and my third primary on 1/12/21. Paul had first 2 same dates and a booster on 1/12/21.

We had the same AZ first two times around and pfizer third time around.

Im now in Spain. Had been intending driving into France early in New Year ( by then I’ll have been in Spain more than 14 days and the restriction is on British passport holders entering from UK - not elsewhere in Schengen ).

For France I need a valid QR/2D barcode showing a jab no older than 6 months old. Without there’s no staying at a hotel, eating at a restaurant, drinking in a bar, entering a performance venue.

Guess what. The website and app can upload boosters, but not third primary doses. So I’m stuck with a certificate showing my last dose 7 months ago.

That's bizarre. No one has had 3rd primary doses have they?

So does it mean if you are over 40 you are goosed as all over 40s will be more than 6 months since there second dose?

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

So does it mean if you are over 40 you are goosed as all over 40s will be more than 6 months since there second dose?

I had to look this up too.  3rd primary doses were/are given to those who had certain immune vulnerabilities such as a history of cancer.  It was the full dose of the Pfizer vaccine.  Booster doses are given to general vaccine recipients after 6 months (now 3) after 2nd jab.  It's a bit of a lower amount of the same vaccine.

So unlike John, my booster shot shows up properly in my NHS app.  I've no idea why his 3rd shot wouldn't, but I doubt it's Manx Care's fault.

• Thanks 1

1200 of us on IoM (and a million in UK) have had third primary dose with booster in 3 months time.

You're deliberately misunderstanding. It’s nothing to do with age. It’s to do with immunocompromised status, chemo, cancer treatments, people with autoimmune diseases. 

1 minute ago, wrighty said:

I had to look this up too.  3rd primary doses were/are given to those who had certain immune vulnerabilities such as a history of cancer.  It was the full dose of the Pfizer vaccine.  Booster doses are given to general vaccine recipients after 6 months (now 3) after 2nd jab.  It's a bit of a lower amount of the same vaccine.

So unlike John, my booster shot shows up properly in my NHS app.  I've no idea why his 3rd shot wouldn't, but I doubt it's Manx Care's fault.

I think pfizer booster is same dosage as third primary. Moderna can be given also. Third primary is full dose, booster is half dose.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

1200 of us on IoM (and a million in UK) have had third primary dose with booster in 3 months time.

You're deliberately misunderstanding. It’s nothing to do with age. It’s to do with immunocompromised status, chemo, cancer treatments, people with autoimmune diseases. 

I can assure you that I am not deliberately misunderstanding. John, that's a strange thing to say. 

I am trying to get my head around it.

I had my 2nd jab in June and just had my booster. My NHS app doesn't show my booster. Does that mean I could not enter France from Spain?

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

I think pfizer booster is same dosage as third primary. 

I thought so too, but did a bit of searching last night and found mixed messages.  I assumed, wrongly probably, that there'd have to be a difference otherwise why classify your shot as '3rd primary' and mine as 'booster' if they're the same thing? Just confuses the app, clearly.

Just now, wrighty said:

I thought so too, but did a bit of searching last night and found mixed messages.  I assumed, wrongly probably, that there'd have to be a difference otherwise why classify your shot as '3rd primary' and mine as 'booster' if they're the same thing? Just confuses the app, clearly.

The booster is only a half measure for some reason. 0.25ml?

I can assure you that I am not deliberately misunderstanding. John, that's a strange thing to say. 

I am trying to get my head around it.

I had my 2nd jab in June and just had my booster. My NHS app doesn't show my booster. Does that mean I could not enter France from Spain?

No, you could enter France from Spain. As can I. Just can’t go anywhere.

Booster takes up to 7 - 9 days to generate the third travel QR. And can’t be used for travel to some destinations, upload to TAC Verif app, or to enter pubs, bars, shops, places of entertainment in France until 14 days have elapsed.

The EU recommendation is 9 months.