NHS app data for Manx residents

ballaughbiker

39 minutes ago, trench12 said:

looked at it, but we always carry letters showing proof of two previous jabs with us .............and given where we were jabbed is a talking point which tests my Spanish  

It’s all very perplexing. No real reason has ever been given as to why the Manx couldn’t access the travel pass via the NHS App between August and end November and now this. Still, I’m getting by, haven’t been stopped from getting in anywhere yet. And, yes, I carry my Manx Care and DHSC third primary dose letters. When asked where and I reply Isle of Man ( Isla de Man ), the inevitable response is Alemania? ( Germany ).

All adds to the fun.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

NHS app now requires iOS 11 or higher. I will have to get a letter. 

You can get the QR code by logging in on an old-fashioned desktop computer which has an Internet connection. There is an option available to send the code to your email address - which I assume will eventually arrive on your smart phone.

I use an old Nexus 7 which is perfectly suitable for my needs, but the NHS app has also just given up on that. Modern technology is not so wonderful when it means buying new gadgets every few months.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 12/30/2021 at 6:01 PM, Two-lane said:

You can get the QR code by logging in on an old-fashioned desktop computer which has an Internet connection. There is an option available to send the code to your email address - which I assume will eventually arrive on your smart phone.

I use an old Nexus 7 which is perfectly suitable for my needs, but the NHS app has also just given up on that. Modern technology is not so wonderful when it means buying new gadgets every few months.

Same problem with parking at the airport , my phone is 5 years old but cant log onto the app  or access the parking system , lets hope common sense  returns  and they finally go back to  a more user friendly parking system  ,the DOI must be loosing a fortune and friends at the off  airport  valet sites  tell me they are busy as it works out cheaper to leave the car with them ,  but sadly  the Whiz kids  in the government with their latest free issue Iphone 13's know it all 

• Thanks 3

On 12/30/2021 at 2:55 PM, Cambon said:

OK, I’ll bite. iOS 11 was September 2017- September 2018. How old is your iPhone? Which model? That you can’t update to 11, 12, or even 16?

You can run iOS 13 on an 8, soon to be 9, year old 6. I do, as my spare. 

On 12/25/2022 at 11:56 AM, John Wright said:

OK, I’ll bite. iOS 11 was September 2017- September 2018. How old is your iPhone? Which model? That you can’t update to 11, 12, or even 16?

You can run iOS 13 on an 8, soon to be 9, year old 6. I do, as my spare. 

Ipad 3. The one prior to the Air. iOS 10.3.3 is the last functioning operating system. 

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

Ipad 3. The one prior to the Air. iOS 10.3.3 is the last functioning operating system. 

I’m experiencing end of support issues with my iPhone 6 & 7. Last update didn’t support mail synchronisation, so I’ve had to instal and set up outlook. The final iOS  they can take is 15.7.2.

They aren’t essential, but I keep a Vodafone sim in one and a Spanish or Bulgaria PAYG in the other.

On 12/30/2021 at 2:55 PM, Cambon said:

Yes havent been able to access my details for awhile. Going to have to bite the bullet and get a new i pad sadly. As can't download some apps or access Crew clothing etc 

Edited by Numbnuts