NHS app data for Manx residents

ballaughbiker

2 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Mine was dead easy to be fair.  Doesn't show any vaccine info though.

Yes, but it seemed to me more like a data collection exercise, verification codes via email and phone, passports, record a little video. Complete faff. 

A  simple lette

Just now, Cambon said:

Yes, but it seemed to me more like a data collection exercise, verification codes via email and phone, passports, record a little video. Complete faff. 

It is giving someone, hopefully you, access to your health records though

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

A  simple lette

For what it makes available to whoever is setting up the app, all perfectly reasonable though?

There would be a lot more complaints if I could easily access someone else's health records.

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

All I want is confirmation of my Covid jabs. A simple letter would suffice. 

Because a letter would be hard to forge in the days of computers, scanners, colour printers etc.

If they sent the Mrs a letter it would take me two minutes to create a copy looking like I had had mine.

The more electronic we become the more we are exposed to others accessing our personal and clinical data.

I mean, it's not like hackers are. able to. shut   down major utilities in the US, or global vaccines infecting computers, or banks losing millions of £££ per year but not telling about it. ?

Or nations being able to just turn their internet off, or block certain aspects of it at will.

I am not a conspiracy theorist but come on, have we actually already forgotten about Snowden and also the Panama papers?

To those on their computer right now with a little green dot in the camera at the top of the casing looking, watching, waiting.....BOO !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

Because a letter would be hard to forge in the days of computers, scanners, colour printers etc.

If they sent the Mrs a letter it would take me two minutes to create a copy looking like I had had mine.

Well, it seems to have worked ok for yellow fever and many other vaccinations for decades. This is simply technology for technology's sake. 

The thing is, people are generally honest, and will not make copies of letters. Besides, if the letter has a sealing stamp, it is not easy to copy. Sealing stamp takes two seconds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Git said:

Guernsey are doing 2 + 2 letters. Not too sure how acceptable they’ll be further afield. 

To be fair, it does not really matter. If it gets them back into Guernsey, they can go to uk. At least this point, there isn't really anywhere else to go. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, trmpton said:

I think the letter has a unique bar code.  So you'd better dress up and take your gender recognition certificate.

• Haha 1