Local Authority Elections

Amadeus

On 7/1/2021 at 2:36 PM, Declan said:

That's not a very good example. Shearer is just an opinion machine paid to generate opinions - like Katie Hopkins. 

And lets face it Maguire and Southgate are out of their depth. But it won't be Saturday they get exposed - wait until the final. 

This comment aged flawlessly. 

1 minute ago, Hugh G Rection said:

This comment aged flawlessly. 

I think I said Southgate when I meant Pickford. Him and Maguire are an accident waiting to happen. 

But that said Southgate is out of his depth as a manager and was tactically exposed in the final.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Covid or no covid it’s going to be a poor voter turnout all round I reckon with more walk in’s to fill those seats that couldn’t find enough candidates this time.

As you say, not just a poor voter showing but candidates too? I've yet to have a single candidate for either LA or GE knock on my door. Just a manifesto leaflet from a sitting MHK delivered by IoM Post.

20 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Covid or no covid it’s going to be a poor voter turnout all round I reckon with more walk in’s to fill those seats that couldn’t find enough candidates this time.

I don't know.  There were actually more candidates than in 2016 and only 13 vacancies rather than 25 last time.  The only places that were bad were Ballaugh (3 vacancies so not no quorate with only two commissioners) and Ramsey (3 short in North Ward).  The last election we had for Douglas South had a similar turnout to the GE, which is fairly rare.  So we may be surprised, though I suspect it will  be variable.

13 minutes ago, angelo said:

In Jurby one candidate got tomorrow’s cycle race cancelled because 8 potential voters on the widely advertised and signed road due to close briefly might have wanted to get out for that hour.

And yet it's fine to disenfranchise 1348 people with active cases of Covid plus 724 awaiting test results, plus loads of others self-isolating for other reasons.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, angelo said:

In Jurby one candidate got tomorrow’s cycle race cancelled because 8 potential voters on the widely advertised and signed road due to close briefly might have wanted to get out for that hour.

Which candidate? 

40 minutes ago, angelo said:

Bumster I think. Civil servant off sick. Been a commissioner for ever. Seems he got the race cancelled even though as a commissioner he had not opposed it. Personal stuff.

Who and why doesn’t really matter. Nice to see the tables turned for once.

How many normal activities have been disrupted by bowing down to the great Manx Cycling Fraternity (GMCF - I’ve just created a new acronym!)

Edited by The Voice of Reason

47 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I notice now that, “He’s doing everything possible to ensure everyone is able to cast their vote”.

Isn’t it funny how quickly his opinion (and effort) changes when he sees that the GMP are a bit cross. 

He's just saying that

nothing has changed

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1