Fenella Logan - 990

Kathryn Williams - 707

Anthony Allen - 642

Zara Lewin - 619

Robin Turton - 598

Derek Crellin - 516

Nigel Dobson - 380 (not elected) 

• Thanks 1

I live in Douglas central, I received one manifesto (Pitts) and had no visits so I had to find out who to vote for by myself. I know Natalie, she’s smart and straight, glad she got back in. Shame Skinner and Pitt’s got in, they’ve had their noses in the trough for far too long. The low turn out is disappointing but shows the lack of interest people have in tinpot council antics - I voted, now I have a right to complain :) 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, 2bees said:

I live in Douglas central, I received one manifesto (Pitts) and had no visits so I had to find out who to vote for by myself. I know Natalie, she’s smart and straight, glad she got back in. Shame Skinner and Pitt’s got in, they’ve had their noses in the trough for far too long. The low turn out is disappointing but shows the lack of interest people have in tinpot council antics - I voted, now I have a right to complain :) 

I didn't think councillors got paid

There are 21 local authorities on the Isle of Man, consisting of 4 town authorities, 2 district authorities, 2 village authorities, and 13 parish authorities.

Too many by far. Long overdue for reform.

Is anyone surprised Tim Baker was involved in this farce. Maybe we should just wait 12 months and do it properly.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

They don’t, but there are some who take advantage of their position in other ways. I’d have thought you would know rather than just think 😆

They can claim expenses. 

And they have to declare business interests and not vote on anything that they...are...er...interested in ?

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

There really is no hope.

Whatever you say about Quirk (and Lord knows we have) he did at least stand up against the previous Board leadership and their various scandals in the short time he was back on.  He's clearly the best-known, so it's not a surprise he came top.  Both the new women did well, while Turton and Crellin did badly and would probably not have got back in if there had been more candidates who weren't Nigel Dobson. 

So there was clearly a desire for change on the part of the electorate, just not enough people willing to stand.  Despite it being the Island's second largest authority in population and largest LA electoral area a shortage of candidates has been a perpetual problem, the last contested general election was 2008.

• Like 3