Local Authority Elections

Amadeus

2 minutes ago, jichaelmosem said:

'Benefits scum' doesn't have the same ring to it, I guess.

I’ve got no issue with anyone wanting to stand for public office, even if they are getting their income through state benefits. Retirees have a lot of life experiences which can be a benefit. Immigrants from Commonwealth countries also can have a great and valuable input into Manx and British Society. After all they all have similar issues to which we all have to contend with at local and national level, even Australia has parish pump politics.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Wonder what Amadeus had down as his occupation? 😀

Company Director. 

The field on the form doesn’t actual ask for your occupation. It says Description and you can put in whatever describes you best I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Declan said:

I don't hate you. I just don't trust you. 

Running a campaign to prevent an all-Island speed limit as a springboard for a political career was pretty immoral though. 

It was/is something up for debate, not sure how you put a moral twist on it.

Good luck Frank, very pleased for you.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I’ve got no issue with anyone wanting to stand for public office, even if they are getting their income through state benefits.

For anyone elected as an MHK etc that doesn't change really, does it.  It's just that they can decide how much those "benefits" are. 

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

If he has tried before and failed to get in what makes you or anyone think he will get in this time? Ashie was a serial candidate for the Keys until he was elected in 2016. 

What are his achievements?

he stood at the 2015 by-election and that was it?

hardly serial

1 hour ago, Apple said:

A bit like Gay Pride March organiser....

Whatever bee you’ve got in your bonnet tonight, about LGBT matters, Clare Barber, or the suggestion that some medical and social care services for LGBT on Island needs improving, you’re coming over as mealy mouthed at best and homophobic at worst.

I suggest you free the inner bee.

56 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Whatever bee you’ve got in your bonnet tonight, about LGBT matters, Clare Barber, or the suggestion that some medical and social care services for LGBT on Island needs improving, you’re coming over as mealy mouthed at best and homophobic at worst.

Perhaps someone then can explain exactly what the shortcomings in the health services access are in respect of LGBT and what is this piece of work that is going to fix it. How ?

I listened to the clip and to me it is just a vague reference to more problems in the health services. She's been part of that Department so what has she done about this before now.

Why can't she say specifically what the problems are and how it will be sorted out, instead of the politico speak which frankly doesn't mean anything concrete.

3 minutes ago, Apple said:

Perhaps someone then can explain exactly what the shortcomings in the health services access are in respect of LGBT and what is this piece of work that is going to fix it. How ?

I listened to the clip and to me it is just a vague reference to more problems in the health services. She's been part of that Department so what has she done about this before now.

Why can't she say specifically what the problems are and how it will be sorted out, instead of the politico speak which frankly doesn't mean anything concrete.

But that’s exactly what you’re doing civil servant management politico babble, avoiding the question.

What exactly are you alleging?

Some LGBT services are appalling.

HIV - most people go to Liverpool rather than use Nobles

Pre Exposure Prophylaxis - not available. The pills don’t cost much.  The supply for all gay men for a year is less than one seroconversion

Trans - really difficult to get a referral to gender clinic off island.

• Like 1