Le Tour

TheTeapot

2 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

They are idiots, and that appeared to be what you were suggesting or why even mention it?

I hadn't even noticed until Peter Kennaugh mentioned it. Is he an idiot? I dunno why you're being so objectionable. 

2 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

You can clearly see what happened.

I will stick with my opinion which is shared by the ex pros doing the studio work for Eurosport thanks, rather than listen to someone I don’t know on a forum who I doubt has ever ridden a stage in anger.

You said the following three sentences

• The chain has nothing to do with anything.
  • Thats what happens when you go from full power to noting.
  •  If he had kept going it wouldn’t have come off.

The first one I don't understand. The second one, and the key point, is of course entirely correct, and is what happened here. The third one though is obviously wrong because of what happened just last year. He dropped his chain in a sprint that he would otherwise have won. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Roger Ram & Exotic Bird, just relax and enjoy a magnificent achievement by a Manxman on the biggest stage in World cycling.  
it’s not about me nor you. It’s about a Manx World Sports’ Record holder.  A pretty exclusive group. Rejoice in your Nation’s pride. Total respect, Sir Mark Cavendish.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You said the following three sentences

• The chain has nothing to do with anything.
  • Thats what happens when you go from full power to noting.
  •  If he had kept going it wouldn’t have come off.

The first one I don't understand. The second one, and the key point, is of course entirely correct, and is what happened here. The third one though is obviously wrong because of what happened just last year. He dropped his chain in a sprint that he would otherwise have won. 

Not getting into an argument when the guy has just achieved so much.

The experts on Eurosport covered it.  In the replay you can see he stops peddling and even pedalled back slightly, causing the chain to come off.

Clearly he wouldn’t have done this if he hadn’t been at the end, so if he had kept pedalling it wouldn’t have come off.

I just had a quick look

on x, and that is the general consensus of experts while some goons are saying he is lucky.

”The chain has nothing to do with anything” was clearly a comment related to the end of the stage.  If you are trying to suggest I was suggesting it wasn’t in use during the stage then you are a goon.

Fair play to the fella.  Massive achieve and he just made me £650 better off so am off out for a beer

12 minutes ago, Jetfour said:

Roger Ram & Exotic Bird, just relax and enjoy a magnificent achievement by a Manxman on the biggest stage in World cycling. 

Hmm, yeah, I think you'll find I was the first in the thread to do just that. 

That there has been a different winner of each stage was probably about the only notable thing from today. Other than Gary Imlach and the ITV production crew being good at their job and putting a great show together the highlights aren't going to be essential viewing.

Time trial tomorrow, hoping for the Remco show

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

That there has been a different winner of each stage was probably about the only notable thing from today. Other than Gary Imlach and the ITV production crew being good at their job and putting a great show together the highlights aren't going to be essential viewing.

Time trial tomorrow, hoping for the Remco show

They have superb tunes for the highlight show too. They usually have them on a Spotify playlist. 

On 7/3/2024 at 4:45 PM, Exotic Bird said:

The greatest Manxman that ever lived. 

He has been desperately unlucky in that all he got from the Olympics was a silver in Rio.

He should have got a gold from Beijing in the Madison but was basically let down by his partner after everybody else on the team had won their medals and done too much celebrating.

He was also let down again in 2012 when he'd been enticed over to the Sky Team who focused their attentions on Wiggins throughout the year and the London Olympics road race course couldn't have been worse suited to him.

Road race cycling is a bit of a niche sport outside europe, but as my wife - who isn't Manx - keeps saying, it's amazing that so small a place as the IoM can produce such a great sporting figure.

A well deserved cycling Knight...