Le Tour

TheTeapot

20 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

Correct, my error.

And he has crept in with a couple of minutes to spare so fingers crossed that he can go out on a high or at least be involved in a sprint finish at the end of the next stage on Tuesday.

Loving the sport lately.  The Tour and Wimbledon today, currently watching Indycar about to start and the conclusion of the Goodwood FOS and then England later.

what kind of stupid comment is that?

4 hours ago, Passing Time said:

what kind of stupid comment is that?

Why?

He is fifth favourite to win what will probably be his last chance at another stage win in the tour tomorrow.

What he has achieved is exceptional even without factoring in the illness and injuries.  The fact that he has achieved it despite those issues is beyond words.

If he could add one more win and go out on a real night tomorrow I would be made up for him.  Maybe not the best choice of words, but I guess most sensible people knew what I meant,

Edited by Roger Ram

52 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

Why?

He is fifties favourite to win what will probably be his last chance at another stage win in the tour tomorrow/

What he has achieved is exceptional even without factoring in the Uk was and injuries.  The fact that he has achieved it despite those issues is beyond words.

If he could add one more win and go out on a real night tomorrow I would be made up for him.  Maybe not the best choice of words, but I guess most sensible people knew what I meant,

I only found out a couple of days ago that they're not doing the Champs Elysee finish this year (unlike pretty much every year for ages).  He's won it before and it would have been an (even more) incredible finish to his career. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

Why?

He is fifth favourite to win what will probably be his last chance at another stage win in the tour tomorrow.

What he has achieved is exceptional even without factoring in the illness and injuries.  The fact that he has achieved it despite those issues is beyond words.

You and sensible are never in the same sentence. The greatest sprinter ever does not need another win to go out on a high. The man is incredible. In future, say what you mean don't mean what you say...

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2024 at 6:29 PM, Anyone said:

Do they have a stage where you are allowed stabilisers , you know for kids and stuff?

L'Etape allows mere mortals to ride some of the Tour stages before the race in a big peloton on closed roads.  Stabilisers probably aren't allowed. 

On 7/10/2024 at 6:50 PM, Gizo said:

so good today, Vinegarde showed he's definitely in this race. Pogacar definately looking over his shoulder now, hope the Visma team do a number on Pog in the mountains. Cant wait. 

That didn't turn out well😂

I think we were all hoping that would happen and give us an exiting last few days. Pog is a monster this year. We may never know if a 100% fit vingegard would have challenged, unless he gets revenge next year. 

On 7/15/2024 at 5:40 PM, The Phantom said:

I only found out a couple of days ago that they're not doing the Champs Elysee finish this year (unlike pretty much every year for ages).  He's won it before and it would have been an (even more) incredible finish to his career. 

A last day time trial can be exiting if the race is close. This year a last day sprint would have been better. But that's with hindsight of course. Going to be a bit of a damp squid to end a great tour.

On 7/3/2024 at 4:45 PM, Exotic Bird said:

The greatest Manxman that ever lived. 

Just watched him after his ITT on ITV4. Phenomenal achievement. Fucking legend. 

Edited by La Colombe