Living Hope -tithe giving and helping others

Heffalump

Tithing is one of, if not the best grift in history, anyone who parts with his money thinking its for the church to do good is a fool and IMHO in the 21st century 'ALL' religions taking donations should have to pay tax on their profits.

Its a scam pure and simple. watch evangelical tv for 10 minutes and its nothing but adverts for some shit ghost written books, some Chinese tat supposedly blessed or some poor orphan to get a new bible.

Meanwhile the pastor gets a new jet, a new pool and gym for his mansion and wears more bling than Elton John.

• Like 8

23 hours ago, Apple said:

VOR ?

Apologies VOR. I meant to add a flower smiley. :flowers: to show not meant seriously.

1 hour ago, The Chief said:

in the 21st century 'ALL' religions taking donations should have to pay tax on their profits.

Please don't give Alf any ideas.

I think some of those 'profits' would disappear into "administrative and organisational expenses' if that was to happen.

19 minutes ago, Apple said:

Apologies VOR. I meant to add a flower smiley. :flowers: to show not meant seriously.

I think some of those 'profits' would disappear into "administrative and organisational expenses' if that was to happen.

Something is better than nothing. Get the bunch of cults taxed, imaginary entities shouldn't be given such privilege. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Oh I'm sure the religion that believes in the divine genius and omniscience of the Manx Civil Service will be exempt from any such restrictions.  In fact they'll probably make it compulsory.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I do not understand what product LH have to offer that persuades folks to pay to hold their personal beliefs?

After all, faith = belief - evidence. I can't see any financial costings in that arrangement...

They preach the prosperity gospel. It's a cult of greed and selfishness.

• Like 2