Role of El Presidente, Tynpotwald - The Election 2021

IOMN&P Facebook page has links to the Elections Hustings, chaired by Julie Edge. What is comical is Laurence Skelly talking about accountability and transparency. Hardly a good statement from someone who’s current department is hardly the byword for openness, accountability and transparency. 

Still it’s its riveting stuff, two talking bollocks and pretending they are constitutional experts, Juan Watterson and Laurence Skelly. Still if Skelly doesn’t get the role, he won’t be an MHK so can’t screw the island up anymore. If Spuan Juan gets in, he gets to raid the Speakers dressing up box. 

Who do the contributors of MF want as El Presidente?

Juan will be the better President. 

But he's also the been ok as Speaker, PCC chair and mildly rebellious MHK for Rushen. If I could guarantee he'd do more of the same next time, I might be tempted to vote for him. Certainly looking as  good an option for a Rushen voter disgusted with the Quayle years than the other COMIN Party candidates Haywood and Kemp at the moment. 

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The whole lot of them need emptying, the last 18 months has shown that they are incapable of governing anything, let a lone a "country" 

The ignorance shown by totally dismissing the advisory group is the final nail.

Bunch of fuc*ing incompetents. 

They normally get by because the IOM government does not have to make any proper, life changing decisions. This is different.

Covid has changed that and its like going into war with a primary school teaching assistant as the leader (No disrespect to primary school teaching assistants BTW - I am sure they know their own capabilities)

Listening to MBE today was sickening, "Its COMIN decision at the end of the day"      absolute f'ing arseho*es

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 3

There has been so succession planning for the next president  in Tynwald ,and out of the two Juan is the only one with experience  as a presiding officer  sadly Skelly has been a disaster  and  his department is  only a short head behind  the department of infrastructure , ,far too many lost opportunities  ! and an expensive talking shop,   interesting to see he has not the confidence  or wish  to stand and face the electorate in Rushen , but happy for his mates to push him into a position  where he can travel the world , without anyone questioning  his ability or indeed what he is doing in the name of the people of the Isle of man and at a very nice salary and pension ,  The position of president  is generally filled by a Tynwald member  who has served the Island with distinction  ,and can command respect and support from his fellow members ,

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Omobono said:

There has been so succession planning for the next president  in Tynwald ,and out of the two Juan is the only one with experience  as a presiding officer  sadly Skelly has been a disaster  and  his department is  only a short head behind  the department of infrastructure , ,far too many lost opportunities  ! and an expensive talking shop,   interesting to see he has not the confidence  or wish  to stand and face the electorate in Rushen , but happy for his mates to push him into a position  where he can travel the world , without anyone questioning  his ability or indeed what he is doing in the name of the people of the Isle of man and at a very nice salary and pension ,  The position of president  is generally filled by a Tynwald member  who has served the Island with distinction  ,and can command respect and support from his fellow members ,

Well that rules both Watterson and Skelly. Distinction and Respect …………..nah. Watterson has been scathingly critical of Government policy recently, hardly becoming when you want to crawl your way into the top role. Perhaps another compromise candidate will be found …………….. Ashie, please!

Edited by 2112
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Well that rules both Watterson and Skelly. Distinction and Respect …………..nah. Watterson has been scathingly critical of Government policy recently, hardly becoming when you want to crawl your way into the top role. Perhaps another compromise candidate will be found …………….. Ashie, please!

Makes Juan perfect. I'm told he's not in favour though with members because he also wants to study for a law degree part time.

3 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The role is just like that of the woman in full evening dress who used to come on at the end of the Morecambe and Wise show. 

…and I love you all!!

Edited to add - Bizarrely, having just typed that, her name suddenly popped into my head…Janet Webb. I didn’t even know I knew that!

Edited by Uhtred
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Makes Juan perfect. I'm told he's not in favour though with members because he also wants to study for a law degree part time.

Crikey, is he planning on becoming AG once he has finished his term as El Presidente? 

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

Perhaps another compromise candidate will be found …………….. Ashie, please!

Please ...no.

He needs a rest now. Believe me, he needs rest. I believe we could all benefit.

• Like 1