Role of El Presidente, Tynpotwald - The Election 2021

On 7/15/2021 at 5:16 PM, Shake me up Judy said:

The role is just like that of the woman in full evening dress who used to come on at the end of the Morecambe and Wise show. 

My personal preference for our ‘El Presidente’ would be Frankie Boyle, also a Scotsman like the current one, but much funnier.

For a country with a population of 85,000 people we seem to be absurdly over-governed; i.e., the Lieutenant Governor, the President, the Speaker, the Chief Minister, and yet somehow there is a general feeling that we have a democratic void. Perhaps we should have fewer ceremonial roles and more hands-on peoples’ electives that are in real terms accountable to people of this country, and who achieve something other than perpetually ‘learning lessons?’

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Or he's just a dumb f*** and couldnt work out what to do .

You coul be right. From iomtoday.co.im:

There was a slight delay in the result after one member, before the vote was counted, admitted pressing the wrong button on the electronic voting system in the chamber.

🤡🤡🤡

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Zarley said:

According to Gef  the CM is taking over as the new Minister for Enterprise. Double-dip or what?

Apologies if someone else mentioned this and I missed it.

Just when you thought you had lost all faith, you find you had a little more to lose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Given - I'm told by a member of the house that was canvassing on my doorstep - that Mr Skelly has just recently been accused of breaching Tynwald Member Standards, which is also being reviewed as a breach of CoMin Code by Cabinet/ChiefMin... I'm a little surprised by his appointment. Should be an interesting few months ahead for him. Shortest term Presidente ever?

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1