Tram accident

ellanvannin2010

5 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

They rejected an FOI on the subject stating that it was under investigation.

I sincerely hope it will be an independent investigation , thats what happens elsewhere , too much being swept under the carpet  this government has become a joke , we can only hope the next lot  will be more transparent and we can stop propping up irresponsible expenditure and gross incompetence ,

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I sincerely hope it will be an independent investigation , thats what happens elsewhere , too much being swept under the carpet  this government has become a joke , we can only hope the next lot  will be more transparent and we can stop propping up irresponsible expenditure and gross incompetence ,

Funny really as Transparency was Quayles big sell when touting for CM role.As you say this government has been the worst by a mile and even CoMin jumped on board with decisions not been passed onto fellow MHK's Very very wrong on so many levels .

I was recently driving over tram tracks bottom Harbour road, turned off my radio as approached tracks turned my windows down slightly, was surprised to see tram passing over just in front of me, no warning of horn had been made. I have been warned previously by a relative who said don't rely on the warning horn sounding. It seems they were right LOL. 

On 8/23/2021 at 8:19 AM, Lilly said:

I was recently driving over tram tracks bottom Harbour road, turned off my radio as approached tracks turned my windows down slightly, was surprised to see tram passing over just in front of me, no warning of horn had been made. I have been warned previously by a relative who said don't rely on the warning horn sounding. It seems they were right LOL. 

I beleive the trams have some sort of system that allows visitors to get an audio about the locations as they pass. This must linked via GPS or local sensors to keep it in synch, so why can't the warning sounds happen automatically on the approach to an unsignalled road crossing? The tram driver can't then 'forget', likewise why not a speed limiter for the sections of track where there are problems too?

After all it can't be the conditon of the track itself after the years and mililons they've spent replacing it all. A cost that will never ever be recouped.

9 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

I beleive the trams have some sort of system that allows visitors to get an audio about the locations as they pass. This must linked via GPS or local sensors to keep it in synch, so why can't the warning sounds happen automatically on the approach to an unsignalled road crossing? The tram driver can't then 'forget', likewise why not a speed limiter for the sections of track where there are problems too?

After all it can't be the conditon of the track itself after the years and mililons they've spent replacing it all. A cost that will never ever be recouped.

Do you sound your horn when approaching a unsignalled side road when driving on a main road?.

• Haha 1