Elon Musk‘s Starlink sets up shop on the Isle of Man

Amadeus

I heard a rumour (not really) the DoI will also be installing a hyperloop (beats Springfields monorail hands down), buying a fleet of Teslas for the civil service and Elon will be on the new £1,000 note.

I wonder if Skelly will claim credit for this?

Edited by CallMeCurious

8 hours ago, pongo said:

Ok:

Churchill was talking about the defence of liberal democracy - literally saving the world. That's one of the bigger themes.

Derek has recontextualised the quote to talk about "executive coaching". Marketing isn't some great noble cause. 

Taken out of context the meaning of the quote has completely changed and devalued.

You were the one that mentioned Exec Coaching. 

On this occasion I used it in the context of a strategy to help the recovery of the Isle of Man, which whilst not facing the spectre of the Axis forces, is in a bit of a pickle at present.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

We could do with someone like that in the civil service. Give them a much needed kick up the arse and keep them on their toes. 

Jobs aren't a divine right and people should only hold ones they're qualified for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

We could do with someone like that in the civil service. Give them a much needed kick up the arse and keep them on their toes. 

Jobs aren't a divine right and people should only hold ones they're qualified for. 

Unlike our MHK's who require no actual  qualifications at all.

3 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

He wouldn't even get an interview, let alone a job! He may squeeze in as an MLC, I don't think he'd get elected as an MHK, not on the Isle of the Damned.