Friday Night Widows

ButterflyMaiden

No, you are not alone. The gripe really starts when you are a Mon to Sun widow and the main breadwinner! It is a real bone of contention when the lads feel no matter what is happening at home they are still entitled to go out etc. as they wish, despite having a family!

Never mind, I'm sure he makes up for it during the rest of the week.

No, not selfish at all! All I was saying is that you adjust your expectations depending on your circumstances.

I have been a single, lone or whatever the currently PC term is now, parent for three years now and I think that, all in all, my kids are doing very well. I go out perhaps once every four months or so, but that's not a problem to me. The problem was, as you say, waiting for someone to come home. It ain't nice after you have done a day of whatever (work or keeping home), not having your partner to share that with.

At the moment I am sharing it with a dim Lab, an agressive terrier and two kids that think I must be "so un- get real", that I must disappoint!!

Ah well!!

The planet may be over populated, but the birth rate in our country is too low. If it wasn't for those of us with kids, your generation would be stuffed in retirement. Without the young working population those disgusting brats are going to grow into, you wont be able to afford to retire.

Butterfly, why are you waiting for him to come home? Can't you function without him or something?

You can be a cynical tw4t if you like, I'm just being realistic. It's not the reason I had kids, but it's justification for people like you who seem to treat them like unwanted pests than small people who are everyones future. Your loss mate.

Archived