Friday Night Widows

ButterflyMaiden

Butterfly, why are you waiting for him to come home? Can't you function without him or something?

Well ... its hard to explain ..

On the one hand I really look forward to the weekends cos we can be together.

On the other hand I dont begrudge him his Friday drink .. he works hard and deserves it.

Welcome to female logic (I suppose)

Its actually quiet frustrating spending all day with very young children ..both of mine are under two .. and thats why being together at the weekend is so important.

But yes I function ok without my husband :rolleyes:

Well ... its hard to explain ..

I was being a bit harsh. I know exactly where you're coming from. My wifes at home with three kids, and I know she really just wants an adult conversation at the end of the day. But I've been at work all day, I want to switch off for a bit, unwind. Do the stuff I've not been able to do because I've been at work.

I'm pretty lucky because me missus isn't clingy, she's got loads of her own interests and she's got her own mates, so we can both get on with our own stuff and not depend on the other. We still have difficulties like wot you described though. I've found that since the kids came along free time is a really valuable thing, and it becomes a bone of contention who gets more free time than the other.

Perhpas Alex is right after all :)

My wifes at home with three kids, and I know she really just wants an adult conversation at the end of the day.

She must get upset when she realises she's got to have it with you though ;)

Archived