Covid Deniers and Anti Vaxxers

John Wright

I am fascinated by the Anti-Vaxx cohort, my step-daughter is one of them (nearly 30) and while I am pretty convinced her reasoning is purely because her value set was diluted years ago by social media and that also caused her common sense to erode during that time.

I fail to see the legitimate cause for Anti-vaxxers other than sensationalism.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I've a nephew who is the same. 35, successful games programmer, high-achiever, who has travelled some way down the rabbit-hole of covid-conspiracy. Whenever his beliefs are challenged he becomes unfamiliar; worryingly agitated and angry. Not like him historically. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, quilp said:

I've a nephew who is the same. 35, successful games programmer, high-achiever, who has travelled some way down the rabbit-hole of covid-conspiracy. Whenever his beliefs are challenged he becomes unfamiliar; worryingly agitated and angry. Not like him historically. 

Cognitive dissonance

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I try not to challenge the belief structure and debate cause/effect and who stands to gain from whatever is in  question as it tends to be less emotive.

It’s starting to get a bit pointy now that unvaccinated people are now being called out and that on the face of it, there could be a whole set of restrictions/hoops to jump through for none medically excused people who are not vaccinated.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I prefer the sheerness of 30 or even 20 denier myself. 

Glad  - I'm gonna resist the temptation to ask if you also prefer them with seams up the back, and maybe worn with "suzzies" and even with your favourite IOM Ladies Pants.

• Haha 1

You can't reason with the people, you can't offer them tons of evidence, you can't explain it as you would to a child, they just won't listen.

No doubt this guy will be a 'crisis actor' and the story 'propaganda'. Total complete denial.

24 minutes ago, KERED said:

Glad  - I'm gonna resist the temptation to ask if you also prefer them with seams up the back, and maybe worn with "suzzies" and even with your favourite IOM Ladies Pants.

Oh absolutely,  the clasps on the suzzies are little triskelions.  I have asked my bespoke lingerie purveyor to make the next set with roundel clasps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2