Covid Deniers and Anti Vaxxers

John Wright

16 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Moderators - is it perhaps time's up for 'Ann'?

1 minute ago, quilp said:

I'd say not. Extreme views need to be open to critique and scrutiny. To Ann's cabal, silencing them would be confirmation that they have credence and truth.

And it's free speech innit...

Thread topic was opened specifically to let Ann have her say in a separate thread. It’s like flat earth and 5G. You don’t have to read it. Put her on ignore. We all know she’ll not accept that’s she’s wrong, or that the nasty people she believes in a racists, anti semites, white supremacists and conspiracy theorists. Or that she is guilty of the same by associating and disseminating.

20 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Moderators - is it perhaps time's up for 'Ann'?

I think its better that these discussions are out in the open.

Also, we/I/you don't want to be accused of shutting down debate.

Having said that, Ann still avoids telling us what she thinks and keeps producing links to non-mainstream thinking without telling us what her aim is. That's not really much of a debate, is it?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Thread topic was opened specifically to let Ann have her say in a separate thread. It’s like flat earth and 5G. You don’t have to read it. Put her on ignore. We all know she’ll not accept that’s she’s wrong, or that the nasty people she believes in a racists, anti semites, white supremacists and conspiracy theorists. Or that she is guilty of the same by associating and disseminating.

Oh fair enough, if it's like a special penned off area. Probably needs a warning attached somewhere.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the whole 'free speech' thing. I might claim that my right to free speech is denied if someone was trying to prevent me distributing leaflets to the young and vulnerable to convince them to drink brake fluid cleaner as it'll give them eternal life, but it would also be the right thing to do.

2 minutes ago, loaf said:

Oh fair enough, if it's like a special penned off area. Probably needs a warning attached somewhere.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the whole 'free speech' thing. I might claim that my right to free speech is denied if someone was trying to prevent me distributing leaflets to the young and vulnerable to convince them to drink brake fluid cleaner as it'll give them eternal life, but it would also be the right thing to do.

Page 1. First post. Title might give you a clue?

5 minutes ago, Phillip Dearden said:

I think its better that these discussions are out in the open.

Also, we/I/you don't want to be accused of shutting down debate.

Having said that, Ann still avoids telling us what she thinks and keeps producing links to non-mainstream thinking without telling us what her aim is. That's not really much of a debate, is it?

Quite right. We generally don’t allow posts that are just links.

@Ann any more posts that aren’t written in narrative by you, explaining your thoughts and reasoning, may be deleted.

No copy, cut, paste from your discredited sources. You may still post the links.

There's a bunch of local ones on twitter too, chatting bollocks. One of them is upset with me for calling 'her' fucking stupid, but if she believes the crap she posts then she is. All the same sources, all the same points as ann here. It takes seconds to dismiss most of them, but sometimes they're a little cleverer.

Here's a group of concerned doctors too https://www.hartgroup.org/

Seems perfectly legit that. But it isn't. https://www.logically.ai/articles/hart-files-anti-vaccine-myths-westminster

GUYS STOP BEING MEAN TO ANN I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SHE POSTS AND CLAIMS UNEQUIVOCALLY AND YOU ALL NEED TO STOP BEING MEANY HEADS NOW!!!!

THE VACCINES ARE EVIL

THE 5G WILL SOON BE TURNED UP TO 200GHz AND THE MICROCHIPS IN OUR BODIES FROM THE JABJABS WILL FRY BURNING ALL OUR INSIDES AND MELTING OUR BRIAN.

BUT BEFORE THEY DO THAT THEY WILL CONNECT US TO THE 5G INFRASTRUCTURE WIRELESSLY VIA THE CHIPS AND USE AI TO INFLUENCE OUR DECISION MAKING SUBCONCIOUSLY AND MANIPULATE OUR THOUGHTS AND EMOTIONS AND YOU GUYS ARE JUST LETTING IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!

WHY DO YOU THINK ELON IS SENDING SATELLITES UP......WHY DO YOU THINK HES MAKING AND PUSHING FOR ELECTRIC CARS. 

FOR SELF DRIVING!!!!!! SO WE CANT DRIVE ANYWHERE BY OURSELVES!!!!! AND ALL OUR ROUTES WILL BE MAPPED AND CONTROLLED BY DA GOVURNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

There's a bunch of local ones on twitter too, chatting bollocks. One of them is upset with me for calling 'her' fucking stupid, but if she believes the crap she posts then she is. All the same sources, all the same points as ann here. It takes seconds to dismiss most of them, but sometimes they're a little cleverer.

Here's a group of concerned doctors too https://www.hartgroup.org/

Seems perfectly legit that. But it isn't. https://www.logically.ai/articles/hart-files-anti-vaccine-myths-westminster

SHUT UP AND STOP BEING A MEANIE HEAD YOU ARE ACTUALLY BEING SO MEAN TEAPOT YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AT THINGS.

ITS THE TOTALITARIAN TIP TOE. SMALL EXTRA CONTROLS ON US OVER YEARS AND YEARS UNTIL EVENTUALLY THEY SEIZE FULL CONTROL.

THEY ARE ALTERING OUR FOODS WITH CHEMICALS.

THEY ARE ALTERING OUR BRAINS WITH JABJAB MICROCHIPS.

THEY ARE ALTERING OUR SOULS.

WE MUST CLEANSE OUR SOULS IN THE TROMODE RIVER USING THE FLUIDS OF MANNANAN. 

IT IS TO ONLY WAY TO EXPUNGE THE DARK VOID ENERGIES SUCCUMBED UNTO US BY HOWARD QUAYLE AND DA GOVURNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Hugh G Rection

Just now, Hugh G Rection said:

HTTPS://FREEDOMPLATFORM.TV/THE-CORONAVIRUS-CONSPIRACY-HOW-COVID-19-WILL-SEIZE-YOUR-RIGHTS-DESTROY-OUR-ECONOMY-DAVID-ICKE/

WATCH THIS AND TELL ME THAT WE ARE REALLY BEING TOLD THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE NOT. 

THIS IS DAVID DISCUSSING THE TOTALITARIAN TIP-TOE METHODOLOGIES INTER ALIA CONSPIRACIES AROUND THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC WHICH MAKE SO SO SO SO SO MUCH SENSE!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

1. The problem is that there’s no reasoned debate possible with those who believe what they read and watch the YouTube content etc of the Covid Deniers. There’s a huge overlap between the ant vaxx, anti 5G, flat earthen, Freeman of the Land, Zionist conspiracy brigades.

They all suffer from an inability to critically research, digest, understand. They believe without question what the snake oil salesman tell them. They all suffer congnitive dissonance. Can’t accept the truth when it’s shown to them.

I post personally. I make it clear when I’m moderating. Are you suggesting I shouldn’t post!

2. This topic has never been renamed. I set it up, as moderator, for Ann to post her thoughts, rather than banning her when her posts were risking making a mess of other Covid topics. It’s fully explained. It enables free speech.

3. Covid clearly is a new, and for some, deadly disease. Look at the deaths and long Covid. There was no natural immunity. Think, open your eyes, how bad it would impact without masks, distancing, lock downs, isolation and quarantine. Think, and again open your eyes, to the risk to adequate health care if the effect were not mitigated. Yes, the results of mitigation have exacerbated that as well. But not as much as just letting Covid rip. All solutions are political, based on knowledge at the time, advice, political and economic expediency. Humanity hasn’t experienced anything like this for 100 years.

4. You haven’t had Polio, Diptheria, Smallpox, whooping cough, or one of many other previously endemic diseases which killed, maimed, disabled, disfigured, because of vaccination. The principles are identical. Have many stood back? I don’t think so. Vaccination rates in IOM and UK are high. Especially for adult vaccination programmes, which generally have lower take up than child hood campaigns. Vaccination risk versus disease risk is still minuscule. The problem is many people can’t get their minds around the new way of developing vaccines based on new technologies, which have been in operation for the last 10-15 years. There’s certainly no mounting evidence of Covid vaccine harms.

And yes, I agree about the risk of the appropriation  of powers. I’ll be keeping close watch  that they’re surrendered as soon as possible. Fully accept there’s much wrong with the world and it’s politicians. But the sort of conspiracy to hide facts etc would be so huge that, and involve so many people, like moon landing conspiracies, that they’re impossible to run and hide.

You make many good points John. And your comments are of course valid.

My mistake, it was the naming rather than renaming I was referring to - the ‘deniers’ label doesn’t imply open debate.

My own experience is that many referring to a ‘hoax’ do not actually deny an unpleasant virus exists but have well-founded concerns about where the fear-mongering and obvious agendas are taking us all. Vaccine adverse event statistics are a matter of record, as is the truism that power taken is seldom returned.

There are others better qualified to debate than I - Dr Thomas Cowan offers an interesting perspective on virus' in his book ‘The Contagion Myth’. My own concern is the increasing polarisation our various beliefs and intolerance of those of others' is creating, and where that is taking our society. I would prefer not to fuel that. I believe you are right we are facing a hundred-year crisis - won't it be great if we can aquit ourselves better in this one than we have managed previously?