Covid Deniers and Anti Vaxxers

John Wright

2 hours ago, Manx Bean said:

Well, yes it is your choice. Mine is to be sensible and protect me, but more importantly, those around me. I personally know someone who died from COVID. Yes, fact. COVID killed them. A fit and healthy 38 year old. I hope for your own benefit that you don't contract it. It does exist, and it is not at all nice.

Are we still labouring on this point? I'me double jabbed but most sensible people now know that it only protects themselves. I can still contract it, spread it and still carry the same viral load as an unvaccinated schoolkid. We didn't get get the jab to protect others around us, much as we thought at the time. 

3 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Are we still labouring on this point? I'me double jabbed but most sensible people now know that it only protects themselves. I can still contract it, spread it and still carry the same viral load as an unvaccinated schoolkid. We didn't get get the jab to protect others around us, much as we thought at the time. 

I doubt that many people got the jab with the sole motivation of protecting others. 

Falling back on actual research though, there are scientific studies that indicate that the spread of SAR-COV-2 is reduced substantially by vaccination, so it does protect others around us (as we thought at the time).

Sample URLs :

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.13.21260393v1

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.12.21260377v1

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

I doubt that many people got the jab with the sole motivation of protecting others. 

Falling back on actual research though, there are scientific studies that indicate that the spread of SAR-COV-2 is reduced substantially by vaccination, so it does protect others around us (as we thought at the time).

Sample URLs :

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.13.21260393v1

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.12.21260377v1

I didn't get it to protect others no, but we were told at the time that it would. 

I've seen the studies that say it does and I've seen the studies that say it doesn't. Every day is a sea of conflicting data. The fact is we still don't know for sure either way. 

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Heading is a very dangerous individual. He’s a deranged frothing at the mouth lunatic who has had enough shots fired across his bow by the police already. It’s not entirely inconceivable that some genuinely mad act will be the end to all of this as his band of loonies seem to be getting worse as this all progresses.

Yes, he certainly came across in the longer interview as irrational.  

Listening to it again, it seems he is going to sue DA in the real courts.  Let's see how he gets on.

What happened to the letter to HE sent by the advocate?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danoo said:

I didn't get it to protect others no, but we were told at the time that it would. 

I've seen the studies that say it does and I've seen the studies that say it doesn't. Every day is a sea of conflicting data. The fact is we still don't know for sure either way. 

Research announced today seems to show a reduction in long covid and severe symptoms in those vaccinated.  So by not using up hospital and medical resource it is protecting those who do succumb as well as those with other illnesses. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

What happened to the letter to HE sent by the advocate?

Hopefully HE read it, and replied saying "I'm afraid I cannot answer that massive pile of toss point by point because every single answer to every single one of the 80 odd points would be 'this is nonsense'. Please don't waste my time again."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Danoo said:

What studies are you referring to ? Do you have URLs from a reliable source ?

15 hours ago, Manx Bean said:

Would anybody be offended if I gave Mr Heading a right royal verbal twatting the next time I see him? I really can't understand why he hasn't been sectioned for his own protection. If the Isle of Man needs a Village Idiot (OK, I admit we already have Martin Moore), surely this wankpuffin qualifies hands down?

Ah yes Mr. Moore.

A great example of a fucking headcase of a man, sometimes I think he's the man behind The Voice of Reason.

• Haha 1

Well I know quite a few double vaccinated who have caught it but majority had a bit of a cold, loss of taste for a few weeks etc. don’t know any admitted to hospital, my niece & nephew both late teens caught it during the nunnery event, unvaccinated at time & were fairly ill for 5/6 days

17 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So by not using up hospital and medical resource it is protecting those who do succumb as well as those with other illnesses. 

This is the situation in much of the US at the moment. Lots of ICUs absolutely rammed to the gills, causing people who otherwise would've been treated for other illnesses to die.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Danoo said:

That study is referring to viral load, not transmission itself. It doesn't look at the actual effects on transmission, just on the amount of virus contained by both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. Any others specifically about transmission ?

4 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

That study is referring to viral load, not transmission itself. It doesn't look at the actual effects on transmission, just on the amount of virus contained by both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. Any others specifically about transmission ?

There are a lot of studies that link transmission directly to viral load to be fair.

7 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

If you don't think viral load has any effect on transmission whatsoever then there really is no point in continuing this conversation.