Covid Deniers and Anti Vaxxers

John Wright

2 hours ago, Ghost Ship said:

I have - but did not want to speak ill of the dead.

Don't think there's any speaking ill required. Tame Elf seemed like a reasonable chap who was taken in by a bunch of predatory shitheads who convinced him to try some stupid theories in court, where the outcome would only affect him and not them. Some of them have accounts here.

24 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Don't think there's any speaking ill required. Tame Elf seemed like a reasonable chap who was taken in by a bunch of predatory shitheads who convinced him to try some stupid theories in court, where the outcome would only affect him and not them. Some of them have accounts here.

Ah.  I wasn't fully aware of what had happened.  I've read these boards on and off over the last ten years or so and I actually thought he seemed relatively sensible compared to a lot of posters.  When I returned after some time away from here I realised from some comments posted by others that he must have got himself in some sort of legal mess through following FMOTL type ideas.

Unfortunately, the people who promote these ideas are at best deluded and unhinged, and at worst evil and dangerous.  Disappointing that some of them were - or are - on here.  (But perhaps not all that surprising - would TJ have been one?)

12 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

Ah.  I wasn't fully aware of what had happened.  I've read these boards on and off over the last ten years or so and I actually thought he seemed relatively sensible compared to a lot of posters.  When I returned after some time away from here I realised from some comments posted by others that he must have got himself in some sort of legal mess through following FMOTL type ideas.

Unfortunately, the people who promote these ideas are at best deluded and unhinged, and at worst evil and dangerous.  Disappointing that some of them were - or are - on here.  (But perhaps not all that surprising - would TJ have been one?)

Freeman of the land or sovereign citizens or common law courts or maritime law is far too mainstream for the poster who used to be TJ.

Its a diffcult balance for the moderating team to achieve balance and a wide range of views and debate, especially when, as in the case of flat earthers, anti 5G, Covid deniers, and anti vaxxers, they won’t debate, they won’t discuss, they just post dubious meaningless link after dubious meaningless discredited link.

So they tend to end up in single threads, like flat earth, 5G, or Covid deniers/anti vaxxer because that means they don’t clog up and derail threads with, often, interesting and differing back ground data and peer reviewed scientific links.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Freeman of the land or sovereign citizens or common law courts or maritime law is far too mainstream for the poster who used to be TJ... 

Ah.  I have just found and top and tailed the Babylon is fallen thread.  I presume it was a couple of prominent flat-earthers who were instrumental in encouraging TE?  Must have missed it first time round.

FWIW I rather enjoy reading the deluded threads so I appreciate your efforts to segregate them from the sensible stuff - it saves me wasting my time on rational posters.

(I also appreciate this link you gave in another thread -  Isle of Man Judgments Online)

Edited by Ghost Ship
  • Like 1